Cheap back up dive lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

extremetito

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been doing some research on smaller form factor dive lights under $100 (which I wanted to share with the board).
I'm looking for a compact (back up) LED light to easily affix to a BCD shoulder or waist strap that uses 1 or 2 AAA, AA, C123 batteries, or a single 18650 rechargeable battery.
Prefer: Smaller to bigger. Cheap to expensive. Brighter to dimmer. More levels to less. Regulated output to unregulated. One hand activation over two hands.

Here's what I am looking at:
Dive Rite BX-1
DRIS Mini G 600
DGX-600 and DGX Max
Xtar D18
Nitecore SRT6 and SRT7
Archon D11V
Fenix SD10
Lights added:
Orcatorch 700
Mako 680
Cave Adventurers Explorer light

Any comments? Opinions? Experience?

Last edited:
Other than the above stated criteria, do any of the ones in your list stick out at you more than the others?

Other than the above stated criteria, do any of the ones in your list stick out at you more than the others?
I am leaning towards the Nitecore SRT6 or Xtar D18.
BTW, I added your DRIS Mini G 600 to the list-I'd thought it was just a rebranded Dive Rite BX-1, but I am not certain-the stated output seems to be more, and it is certainly cheaper.

The Mini G is a solid light, personally I think it kicks out more than 600 lumens but we tend to err on the lower side of the scale when it comes to stating output. While it is similar looking to the BX-1, it's a different light. We also have the 1k shorty and the 1000 lumen you may want to check out.

Which ones use a 18650?

I have an orca 700 that uses one. It's nice too

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Look at the thread.. Cheap dive light on eBay.. You will not be sorry... Best light ever and only $25 bucks....

Jim...

Cave Adventurers is selling lights all but identical to the Hog Morph 1000's and they're pretty spiffy lights. Very small, very bright, the button with the battery gauge is nifty. Right around $100, and of the ones listed, would be the ones I would choose. That said, the cheap ebay lights that I have are also very nice and for the price are worth dealing with the ring switches.

Back
Top Bottom