CHEAP CAmera?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makubex01

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I am looking for the perfect gift for christmas and birthday and i was wondering if anyone know any specials or anything for a good but cheap underwater camera. Thank you.

Any suggestions will be fine and appreciated.

I have some inexpensive reloadable film cameras for scuba. Are you looking for film or digital?

Brent

go digital or you will regret it.....

how cheap is cheap ? Currently the Costco around here is selling Olympus SP-350 for $199 (not sure if its on sale everywhere).... the houssing is then probably $2-300 on top of that depending if you get an Olympus one or Ikelite

I suggest digital as well, but they cost a little more. Not sure what price range you are looking at.

Brent

Yup, gotta know your price range.

Yup, skip film and go to digital.

Yup, the Oly is nice. You could also consider the Canon A series. The housings are about $170ish and the cameras themselves vary in price depending on the model. I recently picked up an A520 with a printer for $170ish - so that was good.

We can offer a complete system; housing, Nano strobe, sync cord, arm and tray for as little as $339, plus the cost of a Nikon Coolpix camera, that runs $2-300 or so. All new Coolpix housings now offer complete controls, a 2 year warranty, and DEPP flood insurance!

See: Fantasea Line Housing sets

Housingset2.jpg

Jack

makubex01:
Hello,

I am looking for the perfect gift for christmas and birthday and i was wondering if anyone know any specials or anything for a good but cheap underwater camera. Thank you.

Any suggestions will be fine and appreciated.

"cheap" = crappy photos, plain and simple.

If someone is willing to start out with only a camera and housing look at the Canon A640 (10 megapixel camera) and the respective Canon housing. Just under $500. for both doing online shopping or a setup like JackConnick is offering.

Well my range are 200-400 with housing or wuteva that is included will be fine. Not cheap as in crappy photos or plain and and simple.

The "cheap" i meant are like holidays special or on sale. But also with good quality.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank u. ^^

Olypumus SP-350 at Costco = $200
Olympus PT-030 Housing from A2ZOutletStore on eBay = $185 + $8 shipping

This set up may be "inexpensive", but it is NOT "cheap".

If you go this route, tell Jim at A2Z that I recommended him to you.

Leisure Pro has a Sea and Sea MX-10 film camera for $150, retail is around $400. This is a great deal, on an easy to use starter camera that gets pretty good results. But it is film, not digital.

Steve B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom