Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The nice thing about the single layer is it's totally unrestrictive. I just didn't want to risk being cold at 42F and went for the 3-layer, even though it's really really warm. If the water was more like 45-50F I'd have gone for the single layer for sure. Definitely go one size smaller, especially if you aren't packing much around the middle.

But again I think under a trilam the 3-layer should be completely fine.

Are there any smaller girls that have tried these on? I am 5'2" and ~130lbs and am just wondering about sizes. From the previous threads it seems like the suits run large so I was thinking XS but don't want it to be too snug, I could always go small and get it altered. I am thinking of getting the 4way flex fleece (thinnest) for cave diving and maybe the antarctica for the cooler (50 degree) quarry dives. Plus my dui flx 50/50 is a little snug in the legs so I am not sure if I can fit the quilted under it.

Also, does anyone have any flooding experience with any of the suits?

My wife is 5'6" and the small fits her fine. I would bet it would be too long for you.

I got her the 4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT and if your suit is snug I'm not sure if you could get it in - its really thick.

One thing on the size of the suits I noticed is that on the Antartica version the area around the waist is HUGE. I could be 9 months pregnant and the stomach would still fit me. Everything else fits fine. I can't imagine how anyone with my size legs, arms, and height would have a waist that big. It doesn't really affect the warmth any and as long as it fits in your suit its okay. I have only dove mine once but talked about having the center tailored.

Miranda

The nice thing about the single layer is it's totally unrestrictive.

I couldn't find this one, looks like he is out for the moment. I dive 45-55F so I need something quite warm.

My wife is 5'6" and the small fits her fine. I would bet it would be too long for you.

I got her the 4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT and if your suit is snug I'm not sure if you could get it in - its really thick.

I know exactly what mean:D You're movement becomes restrictive. Anyway, I've only wore my suit once in Austin and I was burning up in the surface. But, once in the water, it was very toasty even in 50degree water.

Matt, based on my experience and what I read here:
If you want thin, flexible but warm and don't really care about how it looks, and don't mind potentially having to layer with a fleece vest or similar (perhaps when diving low 40s), go with the 4-way single layer.

If you don't mind the extra thickness (shouldn't be a problem in a shell) and have the undergarment look a bit tidier on you and a bit warmer go with the quilted 3-layer.

In both cases if you don't pack much around the middle go one size smaller than what the measurements would indicate.

Thanks, that's just what I needed to know.

I just got my socks from this guy, they look very well made, I got both the heavy fleece and the codura ones. The fleece ones fit me very well (XL for size 13) the Codura ones are a little snug, but also feel pretty good, but if I were to do it again, I would be the Codura ones in XXL vice XL. I'll post a review once I test them in really cold water.

Has anyone who dives with the 4way Antartica suit also dove with a Weezle extreme or extreme plus? I was wondering how they compared in bulkiness and ability to compress.

I have the Antartica and have only dove it once so far.

Miranda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom