Cheap hose dryer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friend is trying to print one for me. She's saying that the design is a bit too big for typical 3d printers that target serious amateurs. Therefore, she'll try to print it in parts and I'll assemble it. Will keep you posted.

I don't use one but I wonder if a CPAP machine would work? I have seen them for a few dollars in thrift stores.
I would test it, but my CPAP reports are critical to my job and I can't afford to mess up the numbers, lol. I don't see why it couldn't work... You just may need something to limit flow rate so it doesn't stop due to "excessive leakage".

I don't use one but I wonder if a CPAP machine would work? I have seen them for a few dollars in thrift stores.
'tis what I use.

As I have a replacement, I found an online hack to up the flow on my older/original unit.

Can you connect a hair dryer and put it on low flow, cold setting?

Can you connect a hair dryer and put it on low flow, cold setting?
Maybe. Even on low flow, some of the mushroom valves in the loop may distort from that high a flow rate.

I'm not a CCR guy, but I built a cheap, low pressure, hose dryer for my double hose regs and someone recommended I pass the idea to y'all...
I don't know that my cheap 5v fans will push enough air for rebreather loop drying, but if the idea suits I can also mod the bushing design for other hose sizes easy enough.

Respectfully,

James
it should work fine with short hoses. on mine (enclosed) i have to go through one hose, the counterlung then the other hose. there is some air going through but not enough to completely dry the counterlung. i make sure i use Steramine every day i dive.

Attachments

• IMG_2313.pdf
    18.2 MB · Views: 68
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom