Cheapest place to buy computer in Cancun area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi

Both comps failed and I need to source another. Where's the cheapest place to buy a computer in the Cancun/Playa/Cozumel area?

Looking at a Uwatec Luna...

Thanks!

Orm

Cheapest is probly to get someone to smuggle one in from the states, but Scuba Toys ships internationally and will beat LP prices on request.

how about an SPG you can get locally, tables and a watch. Of course I'm serious.

A bottom timer and SPG is a good idea but I am very, very surprised to see that nobody here supports local bussineses in Q. Roo or other places in Mexico, why smuggle things when you can get them locally !!

Zero Gravity stocks Uwatec bottom timers and other local stores will have uwatec computers available in stock including Lunas.

www.zerogravity.com.mx

Hi

Both comps failed and I need to source another. Where's the cheapest place to buy a computer in the Cancun/Playa/Cozumel area?

Looking at a Uwatec Luna...

Thanks!

Orm
What brands are your old ones? Some manufacturers offer discount replacements on out of warranty DCs.

I do try to buy at my local dive shop when I can, but I also tell them what I can get for it online - conceding that buying it locally is worth some more, just not too much more. I was surprised to find that model available for 776.67 Us$ Uwatec Galileo Luna with Transmitter. Instruments Computers, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive but there could be more to that story.
good luck :thumb:

Hi Orm,
I checked with the Scubapro dealer here in Cancun, the computer you are after is $1348 usd and they do have them in stock.
Value for money, looks and inpecable machines, get a Suunto. I use a D6, my gf a D4 and top of the line model is the D9.
I heard there is a boat captain in Puerto Moreles selling a D6 cheap!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom