Cheapest watch with depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wilson:
No, Ekybay, get one. Your computer will die on you once in awhile. Have a backup.

I picked up a used depth gauge (burdon tube) on ebay for about $20. Hard to beat :)

Goes nicely with my Citizen Titanium Prodiver (also from ebay, about $80) :rofl3:

Wilson:
No, Ekybay, get one. Your computer will die on you once in awhile. Have a backup.

I'll probably get one sooner or later. For now I have a computer and then a citizen women's size divers watch (no fancy functions - just waterproof with a rotating bezel) as a back-up timer. My buddy's analog depth gauge makes a nice backup for the depth.

That, and it's too much work to convert from meters to feet :) I might forget how to multiply by three.

*Floater*:
FWIW I looked into this subject myself and came to the conclusion that it's best to get a dive computer or bottom timer unless you want to wear it as an actual watch when not diving.

yep, I'd like to wear it when not diving.
and yep, I've already got a computer.
thanks tho.

just curious which cheapy timex/casio/seiko/etc. has a depth guage on it.

jeckyll:
Goes nicely with my Citizen Titanium Prodiver (also from ebay, about $80) :rofl3:

now we're talkin'.
$80 for a citizen dive watch with depth guage?
very interesting.

**edit**
awp.. spoke too soon.
looked it up and it said nothing about depth guage.
so, not a candidate for the "cheapest watch with depth" thread.
lol.

gcbryan:
If you are concerned with a waranty and are looking at $300 watches then a dive computer is much better.

I'm not looking at $300 watches.
My post was, "what is the CHEAPEST watch with a depth guage on it?"

Some have mentioned the timex helix dm, originally for $30, now discontinued and around $50. But a) you've gotta hunt to find one, and b) you won't get a warranty to replace it, and c) some have expressed mixed reliability reviews.

did an ebay search and found one, but the guy wants $70. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180048848233

Some have mentioned the swatch scuba which appears to be $90 on the swatch site.
But, it says it's only water-resistant rated to 65' (not a more useful 130').

Are there really no dive watches with depth guage short of a $200 dive computer?

cra2:
now we're talkin'.
$80 for a citizen dive watch with depth guage?
very interesting.

**edit**
awp.. spoke too soon.
looked it up and it said nothing about depth guage.
so, not a candidate for the "cheapest watch with depth" thread.
lol.

Yeah, you sort of need to read my entire post. Watch is separate from the depth gauge. :wink:

cra2:
Some have mentioned the swatch scuba which appears to be $90 on the swatch site.
But, it says it's only water-resistant rated to 65' (not a more useful 130').

Nope - It says all swatches are water resistant to atleast 20m/65'

Zoom in on the faces of the watch and they are labeled 200m.

eckybay:
Nope - It says all swatches are water resistant to atleast 20m/65'

Zoom in on the faces of the watch and they are labeled 200m.

ahh.. back to interesting then.
this MAY actually be the cheapest watch out there in production, with a depth indicator, that's rated to withstand rec diving depths (130').
that would be highly surprising.
considering how many models seiko, casio and timex make.
but.... I see no evidence to the contrary.

interestingly, I only found ONE of the three scuba swatches on ebay.
this one, for around $80, from the UK.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Swatch-AS-NEW-c...oryZ3855QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Nice watch. I priced it at LeisurePro for 230 dollars with a five year warranty. Nice watch!. My bud has one. No problems for 3 years and it stores dive info like max depth and stuff but is not a dive computer-just stores temp-dive time and such. Check it out.kk

Kevin K:
Nice watch. I priced it at LeisurePro for 230 dollars with a five year warranty. Nice watch!. My bud has one. No problems for 3 years and it stores dive info like max depth and stuff but is not a dive computer-just stores temp-dive time and such. Check it out.kk

yeah,...
that doesn't exactly qualify as the "cheapest watch with depth guage."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom