Check-in for divers in the path of the storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After a TEN hour ride from Metairie to Mobile, just trying to make it through the news before crashing, Will post any reports I get, my brother is in the convention center (New Orleans) so should get some good info.

I'm assuming your brother is working in the convention center as support staff and that it's not being used as a "shelter" like last time?

Anyone heard from PaulWall. He lives in NO. I'm assuming that he headed to Dallas.

I wish there were something I could to to help all of you in the path of the storm. Good luck, keep use posted.

I pray that all of you stay safe!!

Get your hurricane supplies loaded up now....

Lumber-Car-A.jpg

I worked all day yesterday and finally got the house ready late last night prior to the rain. I have to report to the hospital in a couple hours before it gets bad. My family will ride it out alone at home. Captain, good luck and good luck to everyone in this storms path! :) Tim

We are getting 40+ mph wind in Orange Beach @ 5:30am 9/1/08

Last edited:
I'm assuming your brother is working in the convention center as support staff and that it's not being used as a "shelter" like last time?

Anyone heard from PaulWall. He lives in NO. I'm assuming that he headed to Dallas.

He is support staff not evacuee. They did not open a shelter of last resort like last time.

Nearly 30 tornado warnings for Pensacola/Mobile this morning. My prayers are with the people in the thick of it.

Back
Top Bottom