Checking out my summer dive sites....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you guys get air? Do you have to go to Belleville or Peterboro? Did Madoc have an air station at one time? I want to try diving in Marmora this year.

I get mine at my LDS in Belleville. There are 2 main Dive Shops in Peterborough, but I understand one is a bit light on the fills. PM myself or Butch103 for more details. Are you looking for a boat dive or shore dive in Marmora? Lots of diving options.
Randy...

weight_for_me once bubbled...
I get mine at my LDS in Belleville. There are 2 main Dive Shops in Peterborough, but I understand one is a bit light on the fills. PM myself or Butch103 for more details. Are you looking for a boat dive or shore dive in Marmora? Lots of diving options.
Randy...

Nothing like getting to the dive site and finding your tank has only 2600-2700 instead of 3000.................arrrrrggggghhhhhhh:bonk:

GTADiver once bubbled...
Where do you guys get air? Do you have to go to Belleville or Peterboro? Did Madoc have an air station at one time? I want to try diving in Marmora this year.

I get mine in Peterborough. Both shops sell nitrox, and as my tanks are nitrox ready, I prefer to get it there. I know the air is very "clean"..This is not to say the shop in Belleville isn't, but he doesn't sell nitrox (at least not last summer). All three shops are pretty good to deal with. We all have our prferences as does everyone. Mine choice is really one of convenience, and as it happens, I get along well with the owner. I have taken courses from all three and their teaching styles are all different, but verygood, and you are dealing with very knowledgable instructors......

Now as for diving in Marmora....the dive mecca of east-central Ontario.....:rolleyes: ....We dive below the dam.....good for a tank and shallow dive (25' avg)...great drift dive before the water levels get down..... and we dive the Crowe Lake..we use a local charter ...Tim's Dive boat....pretty much a do it yourself charter...no help in ..no help out...no head, no food, just lot of laughs....There are some great rock formations in the Lake and if you are lucky ..Tim may take you to his favorite dive spot known only to him...The place where we still search for his lost boat ladder, anchor, knife, weights and line..............

Check with Weight_for_me and Bottom_Sucker for their rave reviews of this Charter.........Makes Big Jims in Kingstom look like.......diving from the Queen E..............:D

....and so are the dive buddies. And if we have too many, we can always lash 2 pontoon boats together.
Geez Butch, do you think we could find a few munchies to take with us if we had some guests?
Randy...

PS....and the best part...it's almost out our back door!!!

GTADiver once bubbled...
I am diving there this summer for sure. I'll even bring the munchies.

Let us know.....The charter generally runs both Sat and Sunday....Usually twice on Sunday...am and pm...depending on weight_for_me's wifes schedule:wink:

weight_for_me once bubbled...
Butch...I just showed the other half your message...she laughed and said that you'll just have to go without me.
:rolleyes:
Randy...

No way anchor boy.......either all the crew or none of the crew......

Back
Top Bottom