Checking SPG with slung bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kangy:
I dont' walk with my bottle clipped off to my rig while on land.
You must not do any shore dives. Most of mine are shore dives.

Most of my dives are shore dives. I just dont' walk with the bottle clipped off to my side. Most of the time I carry it by the strap on the stage mounting kit.

What do you guys think about clipping the SPG to either of your chest D-rings, so you can just glance down and check your remaining pressure? I did my first dive today with the brass SPG I bought yesterday, and I clipped it to my left chest d-ring. My slung pony bottle was somewhat in the way, but it was relatively easy to look down and see the gauge. It occurred to me that it might be even easier if I ran the hose under my left arm, across my chest, and clipped the SPG to my right shoulder d-ring, since I have nothing clipped there (except a backup light).

Of course, I did all this because I thought you were supposed to be able to just glance down and check your pressure. I didn't realize you're supposed to reach down and unclip the SPG to check it!

Brian

You can clip whatever, whereever. It's your rig. I don't like the gauge on my chest, and I didn't like it sharing the left hip ring with my pony. I put a rigid 90 ring on the left side right against the BP for my SPG. I have a narrow weight pocket between it and my body-centerline left hip ring where my pony clips. I found it easier for me as a cold water diver wearing thick gloves.

I have two D-rings on my left chest, one is a flat the other is a 45 degree bent (one for the pony, one for the SPG). I keep the SPG on the higher d-ring (45-degree). No need to unclip it to read the pressure. SPG hose goes under my left arm, above the pony.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom