chinese can lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you going to be selling that light through your website soon? I have been interested in this light as well.

We have them doing some more tweaks to the light currently to give it better longevity. Hopefully within 1-2 months, but it's just not currently up to our standards for early failure rates at this point in time.

Out of curiosity, what type of failures did you have and on what type of sample size? That is, IMO, the hardest thing to discern about lights. Even the name brands ship so few units overall that to truly say one is more reliable requires a lot of faith and quite a few lights.

Were the tweaks you are seeking simply addressing these issues, or modifying something else?

Out of curiosity, what type of failures did you have and on what type of sample size? That is, IMO, the hardest thing to discern about lights. Even the name brands ship so few units overall that to truly say one is more reliable requires a lot of faith and quite a few lights.

Were the tweaks you are seeking simply addressing these issues, or modifying something else?

Buttons, cable gland near the cannister breaks, led failures, leaks.....there is more. There is a lot that goes in to us putting our name on a light, and standing behind it. These are decent lights, but not something we can get behind just yet.

With the big brands, your paying for a higher end product. If you compare a Light Monkey/Dive Rite/Sartek/UW Light dude to one of these, you will instantly see what you are paying for in terms of quality parts not to mention customer service IF something happens. Yes, there is a price difference, and to some that is worth it. There are lights out there though, even cheaper priced, that you wouldn't have to worry about. It's an OK light, but just know you are getting something that is cheaper in price, build quality, and components. Just something you have to look at and decide if it's best for how you will use it and what you want to get out of it.

When you choose the Chinese brand, pay attention to the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. Anybody has any experience with those cheap chinese can lights? Price seems too good to be true. Should stick to something like dgx.

Thanks

Well..... I have nothing at *all* against the Chinese, let's just make that clear. However, when I'm diving deep and I'm well over the NDL's I do *not* want a light that was made in a toy factory.

Just saying. When I hear "cheap" and "Chinese" I hear "toy factory". Nothing wrong with toy factories but when my life depends on being able to see what I'm doing......... it's no longer a toy!

R..

I bought a 2 years ago a 'Divenologics' backuplight in the Netherlands for 85 euro. I have taken it several times deeper than 100m (up to 135m) and in caves etc. It does not drain batteries itself (like my Agir Brokk backuplight does), and it looks good. The beamangle is ok. It is a relabelled/rebranded Brinyte light. On Aliexpress the same light costs only 37 euro.
A big pricedifference what makes it worth to look to buy it online. I haven't experience with buying in China, but people are most times satisfied.

My Hollis Led6 backuplight did not work anymore after the first 100m dive (only on surface it would turn on). The second did not want to turn on deeper than 75m. The third on is now working fine. So sometimes an 'A-brand' has problems too. I have seen more Brinyte backuplights and people are satisfied. With the cannisterlights not everybody is satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom