Choices....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDan85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Im currently looking to make the transition to side mount. Im Looking at either the Dive right XT side mount package or HOG package.. any advice or pros nd cons appreciated.. Thanks

I have been looking at Sidemount also and found that what type diving you are going to do doing, cave, wreck, warm water, cold water, recreational, tech, steel or AL cylinders, will determine what is the best type of sidemount rig to get. The Nomad XT is good for cold water diving with multiple cylinders and being able to do back mount with some additions. It not very travel friendly because it is so bulky and heavy. Hollis makes some Sidemount bc's also.

Im currently looking to make the transition to side mount. Im Looking at either the Dive right XT side mount package or HOG package.. any advice or pros nd cons appreciated.. Thanks

As you were asking about the reg packages specifically and not sidemount as a whole, I will answer just what you asked instead of the whole "speak first unto a sidemount master" answer.

You can not go wrong with of the two packages you listed. Price wise they will be close and performance wise there is no way you as a diver will tell a difference. They both can be setup the same way. If you are looking at the packages here then both first stages are sealed both have 5 LP ports.

Also, do you want to service your own gear? Me personally, I would go with the cheaper of the packages.

Edit: For clarification your WERE talking about regulator packages correct? I don't know of any complete sidemount packages that include everything you would need for sidemount.

Assuming you are talking about regulators here.. and are located in range of some DiveRite or HOG shops for service... I would seriously consider the Deep6 regulators. Sidemount Regulator Package - Regulators

Good price, @cerich is the owner and they are from Georgia so finding service (or learning to service your own) should not be terrible.

Outside of that, I own a set of the DiveRite Xt's and love em. Nothing special going on with them, fairly easy to get service on here in Florida, turrets and reversible second stages.

Edit: For clarification your WERE talking about regulator packages correct? I don't know of any complete sidemount packages that include everything you would need for sidemount.

Right I was talking about regulator packages.. also I more than likely will be servicing my own gear.

I'd suggest considering finding an instructor first before buying gear.

I have and hes basically all about dive rite.. which dont get me wrong i have dove the side rite xt regs nd liked them.. was just looking for more of comparison to and differences between.. also havent had much dealing or research on the deep6

what kind of info is there for the deep 6 regs?

what kind of info is there for the deep 6 regs?

There is some product information on the website, or you can go to the Facebook Page for some more images and to see customer comments.

You may be able to search the forums here and find some current customers that could give you their feedback, or if you have any specific questions you can post them here and I or others may answer.

You can also call the office at D6, send an email, message on Facebook, or post in the D6 manufacturers forum here on SB to get a response.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom