Christi's Restaurant list - updated...but not exhaustive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian:
Hi Christi!

I just wanted to let you know that I have followed your advice regarding restaurants and destista Alejandra- your information has proved invaluable! When at Alejandra´s I wanted to pop my head into your office and say hi, but the big metal door was down! A fixed up a botched root canal job for me and I´m amazed by the results! No pain for the first time in several years! K MILAGRO!

Of your restaurant recommendations I tried, and was delighted with, La Choza (my fave!) Chilangos, and Las Seras. However, I was taken aback by Camillo´s, has it possibly changed hands recently? It was more expensive than a one star, which was no big deal, but the service was incredibly rude! We were the only customers, yet the waiter could barely drag himself away from his converation with the rest of the idle staff to wait on us, got really irritated when we asked what was in the Camillio´s soup, and slammed our food and drinks on the table. Maybe his attitude contaminated our tastebuds, but the food seemed really mediocre, easily the worst we´ve had in this cuidad of many delicious choices.

All the locals here have been so sweet and helpful that this experience really took us by suprise! Maybe we just caught them on a bad night, but I wanted to tell you about it because all your other recommendations were fabulous!

Hey there! Sorry I missed you! I'm in Houston picking up spare boat parts this week :)

Alejandra is great isn't she :) I'm going to miss her when she moves to her new office :( But she promises to come by for our routine Cappucino hour :)

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience at Camilo's! That is shocking! They have never been anythingbut friendly and attentive to me or anyone else I have sent there...maybe you he was a new waiter or one who was having a bad night! I hope you'll enjoy the other restaurants on the list.

Don't miss El Pique for tacos and also La Mission on 30th...both very economical and very good!

How much longer will you be in Cozumel? I'll be back on Saturday afternoon, but not in the office until Monday.

Cappucino hour? YUM!
Where is the good place in town for cappucino?
Well, Im off to my follow up exam with Snra A! (and out of here Friday, waaah!)
See you next time (Abril) y muchas gracias otra vez por todo su amiblidad)
Pamela

opalobsidian:
Cappucino hour? YUM!
Where is the good place in town for cappucino?
Well, Im off to my follow up exam with Snra A! (and out of here Friday, waaah!)
See you next time (Abril) y muchas gracias otra vez por todo su amiblidad)
Pamela

I make Cappucino in my office every afternoon :) I don't have a REAL cappucino maker, but I have one of those little electric frothers...so we have our psudo cappucinos with Starbuck's that people are always so generous to bring down for me :) I make a pretty mean Cappucino :)

Otherwise, Coffee bean is good!

Tell Ale HOLA and I'll see her in a few days!

Christi:
Hey there! Sorry I missed you! I'm in Houston picking up spare boat parts this week :)

How much longer will you be in Cozumel? I'll be back on Saturday afternoon, but not in the office until Monday.

Hey Christi I may have passed you during the day. I spend all day long driving in and around Houston.

DiverG:
Hey Christi I may have passed you during the day. I spend all day long driving in and around Houston.

Looks like I am driving all the way to Seabrook tomorrow :) I'm in the Wodlands area...so it's a long haul!

Just ate TWICE today at Las Candelas! I´m so stuffed I can´t move, I can only wiggle my fingers to type at the keyboard....
The food at that place is DELICIOUS! We loved sitting outside and the atmosphere is so nice and casual yet attentive. It´s so fun how there is no menu, they just recite to you que hay. After breakfast the mesero told us the owner would play us a hand of poker, if we won breakfast would be on the house, but if we lost we´d pay twice! We had to pass on that one....
Las Candelas most certainly belongs on The List! It´s a good thing I´m not spending more time in COZ, I would weigh 500 lbs!

I noticed Asadero El Pollo missing from your latest list. Did they get closed down due to the hurricane? They have wonderful fresh grilled chicken, and very cheap too.

Hey Christi, you took Albino's off the list...or did it get blown away in the hurricane

Asadero is still opening. Still yummy. I have passed by Albino's and it's still standing, but I can't say for sure whether it's open or not. I'll have to swing by there some evening.

Enjoy!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom