Christmas Tree Cove: The Doldrums 7.7.11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I was down, Frank came out of the water and told Merry what nice conditions she was missing, as did a couple of snorkellers later. By the time I got out she was fuming.

Reminds me of a dive Charlie and I did at Honeymoon Cove while his ex-girlfriend decided to sit it out and wait on shore. It was 30+ft of crystal clear vis, we had a leopard shark encounter and found a great reef with mini arches that was just covered in all colors of rockfish. One of my favorite shore dives I've had on the west end. Needless to say we had to rub it in. I couldn't blame her for not wanting to do the hike/swim out, she did do Neptune's Cove with us the week before!

Nice shots Frank. I like the second pic of the white sponge. I took a similar shot at Buchanon's last weekend and can't find the name in Gotshall. Anyone know the name of this sponge?

I have not dived CTC in years. Avalanche is fun though I remember it as a little barren. I was not a critter hunter in those days.

I've seen the same species before at Long Point and Christmas Tree. Though I have no idea what the name of it is.

Never heard that area called that. Small low lying reefs at the base of a rock piled incline leading up into the shallows. Yep, Avalanche fits.

Craig, I believe it's the white finger sponge, Toxadocia. And that's a nice image of one, Frank.

Thx for the id. I especially liked the brittle star legs that were wrapping around it.

It was a very spongy dive. Here's another species attached to a gorgonian:
SpongeonGorgonian.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom