Chronicles of the newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShawnJ:
and now, i'm planning to do it once a month.. :wink: i'm considering doing my advance open water real soon cause thats the only way us newbies would experience night diving..
hmm, do you have a group of people you dive with? I've actually got a group of three of us newbies and it'll be great to have one more on board. Well take care then and do drop me a reply. adios

Once a month? :11: Wow, wish I can do that too.

Yeah, do go take your AOW once you feel comfortable. Night Dives are an eye opener!

hmm.. thats why we work so hard.. to enjoy the finer things in life. hah..

ShawnJ:
hmm, do you have a group of people you dive with? I've actually got a group of three of us newbies and it'll be great to have one more on board. Well take care then and do drop me a reply. adios

Thks for the offer, I'll be diving with my girlfriend (I got heaps of catching up to do, she's got over 200 dives under her belt!) and my uncles.

Wow, once every month! For me, I'm planning to go dive every quarterly during my academic vacations. :)

Hmm, you guys wanna earn some cash in your free time something to help pay for your dive trips?? its hard work, but it pays well. Its basically sales.. Tiring, but worth it i'd say. Why do you think i can afford to take atrip once a month.. lol

Hiaks...I was diving with a bunch of teachers too the last time!

Anyone interested in Perhentians after world cup?

Lake Mead Tony:
Alan Lee,
Get use to it. I got my first C card 35 years ago and still get that feeling about every dive. That's called living to dive. You got the bug bad, never loose it!
Like Tony, I have been diving for over 30 years. Every year, I think I should be giving it up... then I get my first dive of the season in (a month ago, 38 Degrees) and I remember how much I love it. I am 50 now and a lot of my older friends have had to stop diving for various reasons, but so far the only concession I have had to make is to switch from twin 95s to twin 80s for my regular tanks, to save a little lifting. I still have the 95s and a nice new set of HP 130s for special occassions (i.e. stupid deep), but the excitement of just drifting around underwater is still there. Non-divers just don't get it, and it's almost impossible to explain it to them.

If you'll pardon my liberties with the English language, diving isn't what we do, it's what we are...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom