Chronicles of the newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo:
Non-divers just don't get it, and it's almost impossible to explain it to them.

If you'll pardon my liberties with the English language, diving isn't what we do, it's what we are...

I used to be one of the non-divers who laughs at my friends who complain abt being broke due to diving. But after I tried it....I am converted. It is really difficult to express the feelin of diving, I usually use the word 'SURREAL'

Hmm.. i must agree.. diving is surreal.. the love for the ocean, the sea breeze.. just the thought of it takes my breathe away :p Closest thing you can get to being on the moon.. you know, the feeling of weightlessness..

an empty wallet?? hmm..hope you guys don't mind, lemme do a li'l advertising here :p i'm on the look for those interested in doing outdoor sales. Commission's pretty good.. about between 15% - 25% of total sales. If anyone is interested, do drop me an email. I would love to tell you more about the remunerations and benefits :)

I dun teach in a MOE school :D

Yeah, I love that feeling of just gliding through water, being 'free' (not exactly 'free' cos we still need to lug all that eqpt to survive under water! :p).

Actually, I put aside $100 each month to make sure that I have some money for diving. :)

dive_lover88:
...and also an empty wallet...

LOL... That's the other reason I don't give it up... I have so much money tied up in the sport, I can't afford to! Tons of gear (3 sets of doubles, 4 stage bottles, 7 or 8 regs, 4 Nikonos cameras and lenses, strobes, Viking Pro, two wetsuits, several computers etc.) a Zodiac Hurricane RIB, an extra HOUSE! Not to mention a trip or two south every year... It never ends! :jpshakehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom