Circleville August 20/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divermark2003:
Very familiar with Circleville area. Are you not sure how to get to the quarry? There is a truck stop just north of Circleville and the quarry. Wont be able to do night dive on Sat. but will try to be there early Saturday. And maybe Friday if anyone else is planning to come on Friday night.

I can find directions online, I'm just looking for a meeting place at one of the two Quarry's where we can all meet at Saturday morning.

jesstotheocean:
I can find directions online, I'm just looking for a meeting place at one of the two Quarry's where we can all meet at Saturday morning.

I do know that on some weekends they have instructors doing open water dives from 10:00 - 1:00pm in the South quarry. But from what I can find not sure how many will be there that day if any? South quarry has a lot of stuff in it, never dove North quarry so can't speak on that.

jesstotheocean:

I dove the south quarry when I went there before, there were a bumch of folks doing certification dives (me included!).

There was NOBODY at the north quarry.

I suggest we go to the north quarry. Drive in, stop at the office (which is at the south quarry, check in, pay the fees, then just continue north on the path to the covered area on the north quarry.

Ken

Notso_Ken:
I dove the south quarry when I went there before, there were a bumch of folks doing certification dives (me included!).

There was NOBODY at the north quarry.

I suggest we go to the north quarry. Drive in, stop at the office (which is at the south quarry, check in, pay the fees, then just continue north on the path to the covered area on the north quarry.

Ken

Sounds like a plan. We will meet at the North Quarry around 8, get settled in and hopefully be in the water at the latest by 9.

Wife and I were there on August 6th, the water temp was 83 degrees, vis. was 2-6 feet (south quarry, the one next to the office). Shorts, T-shirt was all that was needed. Hour later, go out due to the rain and lightening. Maybe I will bring my stuff and dive if I can get a buddy for the day. Or just sit on the shore and shoot the breeze.

Ken

(Whoops, wife was signed in this is a post by KTRJC)

jesstotheocean:
Sounds like a plan. We will meet at the North Quarry around 8, get settled in and hopefully be in the water at the latest by 9.

See ya all bright and early!

jesstotheocean:

I was just down at the local dive shop (checking on my regulator repair), and found out they are going to be at Circleville on the 21st, doing a variety of activities: Underwater treasure hunt, quarry diver training, peak performance bouyancy, U/W nav, enriched air cert. If anybody is interested in participating in those activities with them, they will be at the south quarry. Activities run between $25 and $99 (including snacks, tank, weights, c-card for those leading to a cert). The enriched air also requires classroom time. Anybody that is interested can call Aquatic Realm Scuba at 937 428-9836 to register.

Hopefully, my reg will be ready by then . . .

Ken

"Quarry diver training?" ROFLMAO! Please tell me they are calling it that because they have people who certified in places other than quarries who want to learn how to dive a quarry (that would make sense). Is there a c-card for that?
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
"Quarry diver training?" ROFLMAO! Please tell me they are calling it that because they have people who certified in places other than quarries who want to learn how to dive a quarry (that would make sense). Is there a c-card for that?

Ber, yep, they've got a c-card with it, according to their flyer! And, it counts towards Master Diver rating.

As I mentioned when I was there, "Quarry diving, that's mostly all I've done!" That and some wreck dives.

Ken

You would think they would pick Gilboa for that sort of thing since it has ALL of the aspects of quarry diving. Kind of hard to get those thermoclines in a shallow quarry. :biggrin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom