Citizen Hyper-Aqualand Software for 64-bit Vista?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibsmb

New
Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to make the software for the MA9XXX model of the Citizen Hyper-Aqualand watch work with 64-bit Vista or know of a 3rd party app that would be compatible with Vista?

We are unable to load the software provided with the watch on our PC, which is running Vista (64-bit). The "fix" on Citizen's support site apparently only works with the 32-bit version of Vista (didn't know there was such a thing). Citizen's Support responses have been that it will not work with 64-bit Vista. We asked if they planned a release for Windows 7 and they responded, "We are not be privy to that information at this time. Unfortunately, with Vista there is no way to download your data/profiles."

TIA for any assistance.

Someone suggested setting our computer up with VMWare and running 32-bit software on one drive and 64-bit (Vista) on the other. We bought our PC all preloaded with software, so we don't have disks to completely rebuild our system. I think it would cost more to buy software to support both OS types than it would to buy a new dive watch/computer. Unfortunately, Citizen doesn't seem to care that are not supporting the latest OS software.

If you learn of a better solution or that Citizen has an upgrade for 64-bit, we'd greatly appreciate it if you would let us know.

I had a friend propose an idea of loading a "WinXP" clone-type program on my girlfriend's Mac and downloading everything that way. Otherwise I have nothing so far, but will let you know if I come across anything. Thanks for the reply

I am running a 16 bit program on windows 7 professional with XP Mode. Runs great. XP moe is a free download after you buy professional. Bob in Boynton Beach

Maybe someone can help us. We've (my husband) has been downloading our Citizen's dive info for the last 8 years, no problem, on a HP desktop with XP, all of a sudden it goes thru the download steps but when we go to the graph to edit there is nothing there, and no error messages. It always beeped after the download, now does not beep. He's checked out all the connections and nothing has changed. Any ideas would be helpful.

Maybe someone can help us. We've (my husband) has been downloading our Citizen's dive info for the last 8 years, no problem, on a HP desktop with XP, all of a sudden it goes thru the download steps but when we go to the graph to edit there is nothing there, and no error messages. It always beeped after the download, now does not beep. He's checked out all the connections and nothing has changed. Any ideas would be helpful.

I remember reading somewhere that with a low battery, the watch will stop doing the downloads. Otherwise, it could be any number of things on your PC that may have changed and disabled the connection's ability to communicate with the watch.

I have not even tried mine recently as I have moved on to a newer system - Galileo Sol, and have no need for it. Citizen is not really keeping up on the dive watch spectrum. That might be why they no longer offer downloadable watches, who really needs that anymore?

You could restore your PC to original HP condition with the restore disks or use an XP disk and do a clean install. That way if an update messed up the connection you would be reverting to pre-update conditions. Also, if it was real recent that it was updated and stopped working, you could use Windows own restore points.

Also if possible, try another XP or Vista machine.

Has there been any progress from Citizen in creating this so the software can be loaded. I see many messages from last year about vista, etc. but none about Windows 7 and the 64 bit with the inability to load the software. If anyone knows of anyway around this, please reply.

Thanks,
Debbie

Actually Citizen has released software for Windows 7 64-bit for the Cyber Aqualand Nx and it works fine. You can download it from the Citizen Support Website - and it works without having to install the old version first. :D

I don't remember it there was software for the Hyper Aqualand, but I think there was.

i believe citizen discontinued the hyper aqualand quite awhile back already so i really doubt they will continue to support and release any more s/w updates :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom