Citizen HyperAqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey Chris:
I have been diving with mine for awhile and its an awesome watch.. If you are doing more then 2 dives perday I would highly recommend a computer. I am in the process of buying a computer but I highly recommend to learn the tables inside and out first. I know alot of people with a computer that could not use a table if they had to..

why no more than two dives per day???

Flood:
why no more than two dives per day???

Because the tables assume "square" profiles which are rarely true, so without a computer to track your real profile, your bottom times on dives 3, 4, 5 etc, can start getting very limited.
On live-aboards 5 dives a day can be common.

I had one and sold it to buy a suunto mosquito which i've been using for several months now and love it. My number one complaint with the citizen was that ascent alarm.....raise your hand to dump a little air and beep beep beep.

You can find a suunto mosquito for a little more $ and get a lot more performance.

My $0.02

I have the original asian version, alarm set at 60 ft/min. the watch has over 3500 dives on it been down below 300 ft ( depth sensor only gives data to like 265 or so, after that it displays a dashed line ) anyway, it still works great

note, downloading the data eats batteries!

Chris

Have had mine for 6 years, just got it back from second set of batteries. (last abt 3 yrs)
I mainly use it as backup and for downlaod. I also dive w/ several computers, unfortunately once in deco only one continues to give total run time w/o pushing a button, so the watch is another quick look to see total run time.
I don't wear anything on my wrist so it is mounted on inflator hose. As such I don't get the problem of lifitng arm and getting alarm. And since it seems to be set at 33fpm, and it hollers loud, it is excellent watchdog for ascent rate.

AtlanticDiver:
how does the strap fitt around a wet suit

if you have an adverage wrist it should work on most suits!. otherwise, Oceanic has a extension that is included with the Mosquite computer. It should work with the citizen, if not since the citizen uses a regular Watch pin attachment installing a 3rd party watch band such as those sold by Trident Diving is quite easy

I got mine about 5 years ago and she is great. I also use it as a backup depth gauge and timer, just in the case the computer goes belly up. The ascent rate indicator is quite annoying, but I have learned to ignore it, if I am just raising my arm. But it's good to have on the wrist, to glance at for the depth and time.

It's a good watch for the features, and I also use the download feature for my logs and profiles.

To solve the problem with the strap being to short, I use a "The Band" brand Velcro strap that has infinite sizes.....worth the $5

My wife bought me the new MG1010 Promaster to replace my backup computer that flooded this year. I've made 4 dives on it so far and I've decided to keep it. It is now no longer the backup, with the full features on this unit it is now my primary and my console computer is the backup. I've not noticed the ascent alarm issue, it is set for 60, I tend not to move my arms around much and make pretty slow ascents anyway.

I have an Aqualand Duplex and a Hyper Aqualand. I started with the original Aqualand in 1990.
On the plus side -
- very accurate
- easy to get the log info off them (and the Hyper is easy to download)
- adequate depth limits
- easy to read
On the minus side -
- no backlighting (the Hyper has a little grain-of-wheat light in it that's worse than worthless - just pure frustration and uses up the battery - the Duplex has none at all)
- it takes three weeks to get the battery changed
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom