Clear or black...what do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks grumpy. I know I want that mask...just gotta decide on the color LOL. I do have a feeling you may be right though...since the mask is so shallow on the face either would be fine im sure

Go for black. It make s tyou look thinner.:cool2:

I chose black because I like the color. The saleswoman mentioned that with black fins, black mask, etc, I was going for the SEAL look. I wasn't. I just don't like decisions and I like black, so when asked what color, black was my choice.

My snorkel, however is neon green because I want them to be able to find me if I need help.

Go for black. It make s tyou look thinner.:cool2:...

I wish.... I still look like a a hairy fat old fart in black. I take heart in the fact the even a walrus can swim well.

One more vote for black.

Not because they clear skirts turn yellow (they do, but it doesn't matter much). But because when taking photos, the glare from the sides with a clear skirt can make a not-so-bright viewfinder hard to use.

I have a clear low profile mask and when there is light behind me, such as the sun when looking down, I get a reflection on the inside of my mask. This makes me tend to look at what that reflection would be.
My next mask will be a black skirt.

After years with clear I just went black and like it. My mask has good peripheral vision so needing to see through the skird was not a concern.

It should look new longer and goes with the faux tech look.

Pete

well I called the buy the black...damn people told me they sold their last black one this morning. I knew I should have just got it Saturday. Now I am waiting to hear back from them to let me know when black will be back in their hands. I leave in less then 2 weeks for the Eastern Caribbean so they better hurry! I would like to test it in the pool before heading on an 8 day trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom