Close call for this spearo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I would take the family to Baja for adventure while camping and diving in the early 90's . Going off the beaten path I found heaven for huge yellowtail . My first big fish freediving was here . I learned the hard way that somethings must remain a secret like not sharing hard earned information . One year going down to my spot the water was more cold with thick kelp . This made me a little off key diving in kelp . I took a shot and was short lining the fish as it ran so not to get wrapped up . A big mistake using metal cable and griping it with a wrap on my hand near the surface . This fish exploded when we both made eye contact . Out of breath and being dragged down with the cable securely attached to my thumb and what should I to do . My two choices were to kick like hell or cut my thumb off . Luckily I kicked like hell and the cable slipped off taking some flesh . Thank you God for letting me live another day !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom