close call with a weight belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Perrone I suggest you stretch your mind a bit and you should understand what he's saying. It's pretty obvious, especially for an instructor. Most BC's are at least in part, slightly over the belt, it's pretty obvious it was still accesible enough given the other team member could still reach it.

Falco, I suggest you have your buddy get a little more in tune with his gear so he could notice and fix stuff like this himself automatically without causing such a needless team CF.

One reason why I love my integrated BC. My buddy also has integrated and so when we dive we do a check and just make sure all buckles are secure and such. I used a belt when I was in class and it was very uncomfortable for me.

I think you handled it great. My buddy had a small stream of air coming out of his tank. I tried to tell him but of course he had no clue what I was trying to say. But I am sure I looked like a fool trying to show him little bubbles :lol: . So i grabbed him and faced him. Held one arm and messed with his tank and then our DM on the dive came over and was able to get the bubbles to stop. After the dive he asked me what happened. Its good when your buddy just stays still while you figure it out and not worry about what's going on.

Stacy

Scuba_Steve:
Well Perrone I suggest you stretch your mind a bit and you should understand what he's saying. It's pretty obvious, especially for an instructor.

Stretching my mind huuuuurts! Who said I was an instructor?

Oh, and I have nearly no experience with recreational BC's. No one I dive with wears one. So I didn't understand where the weight belt would be in relation to the BC.

mfalco:
hopefully it won't happen again.
I am going to check his weight bel in the future before we dive. His BCD is weight integrated, but he only keeps 8-10 lbs in it. That makes it easy for him to switch betwwen salt and fresh water. He just removes the weight from the BCD for fresh water.

Wouldn't it be safer to simply purchase another set of weight holders for his integrated BC and have seperate weights for fresh water and salt water? Or not be lazy and add/remove weight when needed =P

If that weight belt falls off, he's going to wish he wasn't cheap or lazy. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom