Closest Tulamben resorts to Liberty wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just stayed at Liberty 2 weeks ago. It was brilliant! Also a solo traveller, i had my own guide, dived whenever i wanted, and the guides did everything for me, they were excellent. It was almost hard to watch, i felt so lazy. For a land based op, it was incredibly well organised, almost felt like a liveaboard the prep for diving was so easy. And when my camera battery died and I missed the tiny frogfish, he took me down the next day and found it again. Can't recommend them enough. And just a couple of mins walk down to the beach, the guides take all your gear down, so there is no effort involved. Have fun!

MA:
I just stayed at Liberty 2 weeks ago. It was brilliant! Also a solo traveller, i had my own guide, dived whenever i wanted, and the guides did everything for me, they were excellent. It was almost hard to watch, i felt so lazy. For a land based op, it was incredibly well organised, almost felt like a liveaboard the prep for diving was so easy. And when my camera battery died and I missed the tiny frogfish, he took me down the next day and found it again. Can't recommend them enough. And just a couple of mins walk down to the beach, the guides take all your gear down, so there is no effort involved. Have fun!

I was just there 3 weeks ago and would agree with everything. Definitely enjoyed my stay and thought the place was extremely well priced given the quality of the cottages and great diving service.

I have done many dives with both Liberty and TWD, both have great guides, about the same distance to the wreck, the rooms at Liberty are better, in my opinion. Both have good cooked breakfasts. Blue Hill is miles from the wreck and requires a car to get there, they have no wifi (as of Feb 2012) so to me they don't fit your needs even though their hotel is excellent. I have never used Ocean View but a friend was there in April, loved it and said the guides were great. Hope this helps.

Update: Ocean View was able to squeeze me in for next weekend. FYI Blue Hill is also owned by the same folks, so they can juggle some capacity between the resorts as well; fortunately since my trip is just three days, and I want to be close to the wreck, I did not need to exercise that option.

I look forward to seeing the new developments in Tulamben and checking out the other resorts for future visits as well. It'll also be interesting going in May, as I've only been there in the Sept-Nov off-season, so I may soon learn what it really means for the wreck to be "busy"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom