Coating On Aluminum Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I know what to expect I would say the wear is probably not a issue except around the bolts. I will try to get some photos for you anyway. It looks like my LDS sold me the bolts for the weight pockets instead of the ones for the backplate. Once I saw the grooves the bolts were creating in my plate I put some neoprene washers in between. I'll have to dig through my receipts and try to exchange the bolts. I was a bit surprised I had to buy bolts and a crotch strap separately. I think that stuff should really be included in the future.

How much do the proper bolts cost?

Kevin,

Our stainless bookscrews are sold with the weight systems and separately, but not with the harness kits. These are the same ones used to secure your wing to the backplate. (good idea on the neoprene washers to protect the plate :wink:)

Regarding the crotch strap, it should have been included with your harness. Please check back with your LDS if not.

Thanks for the questions!

Regards,

Kevin,

Our stainless bookscrews are sold with the weight systems and separately, but not with the harness kits. These are the same ones used to secure your wing to the backplate. (good idea on the neoprene washers to protect the plate :wink:)

Thanks. The sex bolts really dug nice grooves into my plate until I put the washers in place. This was the major source of damage to my plate and the wing (not a Hollis wing). Eventually, I'll remember to send you the photos so you can see for yourself.

Regarding the crotch strap, it should have been included with your harness. Please check back with your LDS if not.

I went back to my LDS and exchanged my Switchback for a Solo and got a credit on the crotch strap. I don't think the salesperson quite understood that I should not have had to buy a strap but I didn't push the issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom