Cobra Temp delay??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesstotheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I've noticed that my Cobra takes a very long time for it to change temps. I did a couple of dives this past weekend. I mostly stayed around 45 feet (registered 72 degrees, but I really think it was colder than that) but I did one deep dive at 75 feet and it registered it being 69 degrees. And I know for a fact it was colder than that! Has Anybody every had any problems with the Cobra registering the temp? Any imput would be great.

Jess,

I dive with two older model Suuntos - the Solution and the Cobra. Both are slow to display temperature. If I dive a bit deeper &/ot into an area near a spring (ex. the tubes @ Gilboa) the computers will still be displaying the temp. at the previous depth. Once I leave the tubes and am headed to a different part of the quarry, they'll display the temp that was at the tubes.

I've heard from many divers using Suunto computers that that is a typical scenario. Many, if not all, say that Suunto computers are slow to react wrt temperature.

Paula

My Oceanic is also slow to respond to temperature. Looking at the sensor port and how it is partially covered in either a console or wrist mount, it doesn't surprise me that the response is slow. And even if the sensor port was directly exposed, there isn't any water flow in/out of the computer that would rapidly change the temp. The slow response of the Suuntos is probably for the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom