Coco View questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure hope so....I can't wait to see the DMs face with this bunch....there are at least 5 of us diving double hose regs. :)

Be sure to come back and tell us. The DMs have seen them before, usually by divers who have always been using them since the 1960's. Again- it's not what you're using, it's how you're using it.

They've seen CCR. They've see guys with wristwatches and one hose & regulator on a tank with his own straps.

The only point is and was- it had always been considered an "orientation dive"... to learn the way around. Over the years, as the competency of divers who manage to get to formerly distant Roatan- as this competency has decreased- yes- they do look for competency. This protects divers and saves the reefs.

I have seen visiting divers in every part of the world kick up a major fuss about much more invasive first dives- and those noisiest have most always been the scariest of all. I know you're not in that category, but you have to have seen this.

BTW- Double Hose regs are an excellent way to get closer to twitchy critters!

CCV's mainstay of diving is "freedom". Solo diving is a non-issue. They don't care what you do, as long as it's safe. Every dive briefing ends with the question, "Anyone going below 100 feet?". Show of hands, end of discussion.

Learn everything you can about the Front Yard.

My 4th trip to CCV so I am familure with them. They have not had any issue with my DH before and I don't expect any this time but I doubt most of them have ever seen one...unless it was mine. In 13 years of doing 3 or 4 week long trips a year plus local diving I have never seen another DH diver that I was not diving with. I expect and use to getting the evil eye from DMs at first, frankly, it's part of the fun of diving a DH.. That would be an interesting thread/poll "have you seen a DH diver and where?"

You are right about them being better for photography. I find most critters are a lot more cooperative when I have the DH on. That and the cool factor are the main reasons I dive them.

Getting ready to head to Roatan and CocoView on Saturday. Couple of questions.

We will get into Roatan at 11:20am - By the time we clear customs, get baggage, get to resort, etc, would think we would still have time to sneak in a dive that evening? Does Cocoview require the orientation dive like they do in Bonaire? Is it reasonable to think we could get in a shore dive at the front porch before dinner?

The shark dive - is this put on by Cocoview? or is it by another compnay? (do you take CCV's boats or someone else pick you up? Is it worth it?

Thanks!
looks like you have had some good advice....stick with Herman and let him show you the ropes it won't be long you will being someone the ropes....have an awesome time take it all in and don't turn anything down.....dive your brains out....or your computers brain anyway :D

Herman,

I was there two years ago with my PRAM. No one freaked and I had one helluva good time diving at CCV.

No worries, mate!

looks like you have had some good advice....stick with Herman and let him show you the ropes it won't be long you will being someone the ropes....have an awesome time take it all in and don't turn anything down.....dive your brains out....or your computers brain anyway :D

naw - I don't trust herman - I have at least 100+ dives directly with him and he is full of hot air :D And I will be one of those with a double hose and no BCD.

Back
Top Bottom