Cocoview for 2 weeks or Utila for 1 week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,
My husband and I went to cocoview last year and absolutley loved it... We are returning in January and have decided to extend our trip by a week..yippee!!! I just can't decide if we should stay at cocoview, which we love.....or go over to Utila for the second week? Any suggestions....anywhere in Utila with either great beach, or pool so I can do some lounging after my week of diving.. We will of course dive in Utila but maybe not quite as much...

Thanks

Hi citydiver - I can't help you decide because I am a new diver and I will be going to Roatan for the first time in November and I too will be staying at Cocoview - it came highly recommended. I do feel as though if I had the opportunity that I would probably spend the second week in Utila if it comes highly recommended as well. I think that it is good to see other places. You are very lucky to have two weeks of fun!

That is a hard decision....cause I love CCV...but I guess I would have to go to UTL for the second week....just cause I may get to see a whale shark....Utila Lodge is a great place to go....it is like CCV and use to be owned by Mr Bill who also owned CCV...so you get the same great laid back atmosphere....but no beach and no pool....Laguna Beach Resort I think has a pool....but not sure if I would want to lay on the beach or not.....the sand flies.....would carry you off....I am sure others "CudaBait" who has been there a million times....will jump in here and give some sound advise.....

For a nice hotel, pool and a professional diving operation you can do alot worse than Mango Inn, diving with Utila Dive Center....

Also check out the trip report posted by chuck41 who spent some time diving with us at Cross Creek.

Simon

Well I think we might go with Utila, just to see a different place, and I really want to see a whale shark. But now my husband is not sure because we just realised it is the rainy season there, I have no idea how I didn't figure that out before..ugh!

My wife and I are staying at Cocoview at the end of December for 10 days. We are also interested in visiting Utila, does anyone know if it is possible to do day trips?

Since I've never been to Roatan or Utila (although will be going soon to Roatan), I would definetly pass the 2 weeks split between both islands. It was already a tough decision deciding between them for my soon to be trip.:huh: I guess it was the fact that october isn't whale shark season for utila that tipped the balance towards Roatan for this time...

But on the other hand, I'm sure you can spend 2 weeks in Roatan and never dive the same site twice... Instead of spending a day traveling between islands, you could be diving...:crafty:

It's up to you and what you prefer!

I did the split trip in reverse. First week in Utila and then chartered a private sailboat from Utila to Roatan. Unless things have changed it is still fairly challenging moving between the two islands without heading to La Ceiba first. If you can find Captain Vern and the Minerva Belle (and favorable winds) you might enjoy the sail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom