CoCoView or Anthony's Key Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the best way to transfer between Cocoview and AKR? - We're booked at Cocoview for a week, and deciding if we will just do that or try AKR for a few days after. Will the resorts do that in lieu of an airport transfer, or would we need to arrange something ourselves?

What is the best way to transfer between Cocoview and AKR? - We're booked at Cocoview for a week, and deciding if we will just do that or try AKR for a few days after. Will the resorts do that in lieu of an airport transfer, or would we need to arrange something ourselves?

You have checked into flights right? Although 10 day vacations are a lot better then 7-days, its a little more difficult when it comes to Roatan. Most flights that I know of that are direct arrive and depart on Saturdays, not saying you cant find ways around this, or not, but definatly something to check on. Most of CCV and AKR bookings are for Saturday to Saturday, partly because of this. If it was me I would just go to CCV, and try to arrange a long range 3-tank trip to the west side, they do this once per week at CCV if they have enough people. And then on your last day (Friday) after your morning dive, get a taxi tour that will take you over to West end, get the taxi driver to take you to AKR by there boat dock and realize how awesome it was that you chose CCV instead :)

When CCV takes the Saturday departures to the airport, the AKR groups will be doing the same. With some coordination you could just get off the CCV bus at the airport and hook up with the AKR folks.

Altho doing a Northside all-day dive with CCV will give you a small taste of the AKR zone, if you really want a fair comparison, the only way to do it is to stay with AKR for three+ days.

And additional thought.... As previously mentioned, the South side will present you with markedly from shallower profiles. Another thing to draw from this is that the South side's two "placed wrecks" are quite shallow as they are well protected from storm surge. The Mr.Bud (a shrimper) lies in 65fsw and the Prince Albert (140' tanker), a CCV shore dive, noses into 35' and the stern is in 68fsw. Both of these wrecks are upright fairly intact but have florid growth. The Northern wrecks are quite large and in the 95fsw range and are fairly well storm wracked and are sparsely covered.

That would be an unusual transfer, but I'm sure someone would help you out. We were staying at Fantasy Island and Daren (the dive shop manager) drove us over to AKR himself. He has been a buddy of ours for a number of years and he was happy to help us out.

I'm sure someone at CocoView would be able to point you in the right direction :wink:

I would email Mandy at AKR and ask. I am sure Greg would smile and be glad to take you back to AKR.:D

You have checked into flights right? Although 10 day vacations are a lot better then 7-days, its a little more difficult when it comes to Roatan. Most flights that I know of that are direct arrive and depart on Saturdays, not saying you cant find ways around this, or not, but definatly something to check on. Most of CCV and AKR bookings are for Saturday to Saturday, partly because of this. If it was me I would just go to CCV, and try to arrange a long range 3-tank trip to the west side, they do this once per week at CCV if they have enough people. And then on your last day (Friday) after your morning dive, get a taxi tour that will take you over to West end, get the taxi driver to take you to AKR by there boat dock and realize how awesome it was that you chose CCV instead
icosm14.gif
flights aren't an issue. United flies days other than Saturday, and we've got miles to burn.

flights aren't an issue. United flies days other than Saturday, and we've got miles to burn.

Thats awesome, seems like you got a great trip in the planning. I may be a little jealous. I would almost consider doing the same in the future myself, and maybe also do a few days in Utila to cap it off :)

CCW usually runs boats as a 'special' to other parts of the island. I don't know the pricing structure for them but that might be an option if you want to go to the other sides of the island.

My primary goal is to extend the trip, and I could only get the one week at CCV. Checking out a different resort and area and maybe some different diving is a bonus -paid for by having to move. :(

I'd appreciate the info on the United flights. Theyve long been promising some midweek other Thursday fights but it seems they end up being cancelled or alternately are only out of Newark and not Houston. Please advise. TIA

Back
Top Bottom