CoCoView or Anthony's Key Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCV is shore diving heaven. If this is important to you, there's no place on the island that compares.

CCV has a bar but since I turn in early every evening,I can't comment on the "nightlife." Most who come to CCV want to dive, eat and sleep. If you want to go clubbing in the West End, you can arrange for a taxi. The CCV boat will take you to the road, where the taxi will be waiting.

As far as beans and rice at every meal, that is true, but it's in addition to OTHER entrees :)

Yup, rice and beans again. Then off to the clunky old barges.

The reality of CocoView, have a look: CoCoView Explained in Pictures Photos by Doc_Adelman | Photobucket

I, for one, am selling nothing. Many tour operators do not like CCV as they make much better commission money selling other properties. CCV sells itself, their deal for agents is marginal compared to other resorts. So, for a travel agent, there's another reason to dislike it- even after bearing up under two awful visits, apparently. :rofl3:

And I still think that the OP would have better result at AKR, not CCV. No one place for everybody, except for nitrogen junkies... take a guess.

I have not stayed at CCV. I am getting long in the tooth and find that 3 or 4 dives a day is satisfying. 1-2 beers with dinner and it is off to lala land for me. (not monkey la la) I may be up for dive 4 or 5 but mostly 3 is great, 4 is usually enough for me. I have a liveaboard trip planned and will see what happens there.

Anyway, AKR has 3 a day and 4 dives 2 nights/week. I really have fond memories of my trips to AKR and it serves my needs. I would think someday I will venture to the other side of the island and try CCV. My wife is a non-diver and does OK at AKR but I think I would probably want to save CCV for a trip when she wasn't along that way I could see if I was up for 5 dives/day.

After it is all said and done, I don't think one could go wrong at either place.

This is a second hand report since I have not been to either place myself (but plan to eventually and am leaning towards AKR). I know that they are whale shark nuts and have been to Utila a few times, always staying at the Laguna Beach Resort in March-April and then going over to Roatan in early April. I asked them the same question and having stayed at both places in Roatan, they preferred AKR both for amenities and atmosphere.

This is a second hand report since I have not been to either place myself (but plan to eventually and am leaning towards AKR). I know that they are whale shark nuts and have been to Utila a few times, always staying at the Laguna Beach Resort in March-April and then going over to Roatan in early April. I asked them the same question and having stayed at both places in Roatan, they preferred AKR both for amenities and atmosphere.

If your plans are to go to AKR in the near future; they are running a 1+½ price sale right now...I took advantage of this last year and it was fantastic.:D

Dive Into a 1/2 Off Deal! - Anthony's Key Resort - Roatan - Honduras

We will be going late April/early March. I like to stay longer then 7 days on my spring dive trips; are there enough dive sites to keep an experienced diver interested for 10-12 days? Also, if I do choose CCV, how far is the ride to the other end of the island and is it expensive? This is going to be a difficult decision for sure, but it sounds like it's worth checking off the list. I was going to go to Bonaire, but my video rig is rather large and heavy to haul around with all of my usual dive gear, so that's why Roatan is on my list. Are the rooms/food at both resorts comparable in quality? Thanks again for your advise!
Hello fellow divers,

My wife and I are looking for somewhere new for us to dive and UW video thatwont break the bank and we are looking into Roatan. We dont need to make 5dives a day; 3 would be just fine for us. Between CCV and AKR; what are thepros and cons that each of these resorts have? From what I have read here, CCVseems to get very good reviews. However, AKR looks very nice as well. Sincemany of you have been to both resorts, can you please point us in a direction..Im having a hard time deciding between the two choices. We are both AOW diverswith 17 years of diving under our belts. We love Cozumeland its hard (if at all possible) to beat for the money, but weve just beenthere too many times. We love to dive, but we also enjoy the food and cocktailsat days end as well, so we do like some night life on occasion or at least Ido, but its not a deal breaker.
What did you end up choosing?

It doesn't matter. I'm looking at Cocoview, akr and Resort of Marble Hill...trying to choose a great place where I won't be limited by dms rushing people through the dive. I want long,slow dives to search for super special macro. I don't remember shore diving as an option when I stayed at akr I'm 1999.. I've never gotten to dive at Cocoview. Are there any other options like that? Where you can just search on your own? Do they charge extra for Nitrox?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom