CoCoView or Anthony's Key Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were looking to extend my trip on Roatan after booking at CCV I'd certainly look at Reef House Resort. I have been to both CCV and RHR and while CCV was nice, RHR had much better food and without a doubt the area they dive was far superior to where you dive with CCV. I can't even begin to tell you how many seahorses Davit the DM found on our stay. I know one dive he found five. Now I have never been to AKR so I can't speak on that but I am 100% sure you would like RHR. Here are a couple of links you may find helpful.

Reef House Resort (Roatan, Honduras) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

http://www.reefhouseresort.com/pages/

What is the best way to transfer between Cocoview and AKR?

It's not that big an island so I'd just take a cab. Negotiate with the driver up-front. Don't act like a cruise tourist and you'll get better rates also. There's a few fixed rates but that's probably not one of them. As an example, it's $25 fixed from the airport to the West End - 7+ miles. Cocoview to AKR is just over 10.5 miles. I paid $15 to go from the West End to Coxen Hole downtown - 5 miles plus we sat in cruise traffic for about 10 mins. I wouldn't go back to the airport to change shuttles - it's sort of out of the way. CCV probably gets better rates than me.

Another option might be one of the local van drivers. We went from the West End to Barefoot Cay near French Harbour one morning - probably about the same distance as between AKR and CCV - for $10pp. The driver left us to do other business then picked us up at noon. One option if he's still there might be Enrique: EnriqueHome

Oh come on people, CCV and AKR are grown ups, If your done at one and plan on spending a week and your money at AKR then just have them pick you up, Its really not that difficult, If they dont want to pick you up from AKR then go to RHR

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

I don't know much for details of the United flights, I believe I didn't see flights in January, but I think I saw them sometime Feb or later. I know I saw April flights on Wed through Houston.

Not intending to hurt any feelings of the "CCV lovers" out there, but I personally find CCV highly over rated. I have stayed there a couple of times and found the boat crews indifferent and find the dive boats hard to describe. They are maybe a bit like clunky old barges. I do like the folks at the photo and dive centers. As far as meals, I got tired of rice and red beans real fast. If I had the option of Cozumel or Roatan, I would probably choose between the cenotes on the Mayan Riviera and Banco Chinchorro near Xcalak (depending upon season) or Utila of the Bay Islands. On Utila my options would be either Laguna Beach Resort, Deep Blue or Utopia Village. I'd stay on Roatan long enough to catch the flight to Utila. Why Utila for me.... I like the opportunity for the whale shark encounter or meeting up with a pod of dolphins to snorkel with and I have never had that offered at CCV. But we all have our favorites...!

I like the opportunity for the whale shark encounter or meeting up with a pod of dolphins to snorkel with and I have never had that offered at CCV. But we all have our favorites...!

Where is the " This post is useless without pics" Smiley thingy ?

Hi RTBDiver.... here's one dolphin out of a pod we swam with for about 30 minutes back in September while diving at Laguna Beach Resort with Capt Wag. I have a slew of other whale shark pics we have swam with between morning dives but on another computer. I think both pics might have the smily face you were looking for... ; >)

Utila whale shark.jpg

utila dolphin.jpg

You can snorkel or dive with Dolphins at AKR. We snorkeled with Dolphins on the way to a dive site one morning. The captain stopped the boat, we jumped in and there was a pod of wild dolphins playing around with us. That was on a trip to AKR in August.

You can snorkel or dive with Dolphins at AKR. We snorkeled with Dolphins on the way to a dive site one morning. The captain stopped the boat, we jumped in and there was a pod of wild dolphins playing around with us. That was on a trip to AKR in August.

The key ingredient to this pie is not the dive operator...but the dolphins. I have never seen a boat captain "not" stop at the opportunity for their guests to swim/snorkel with a pod of dolphins. :hehheh:

but the dolphins. I have never seen a boat captain "not" stop at the opportunity for their guests to swim/snorkel with a pod of dolphins. :hehheh:
Here in Jacksonville we often ignored the dolphins unless we had a grou of newbies, We would see them just about every trip out. We did however stop for whalesharks and enen great whites but for some reason no one wanted to hop in with the great white sharks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom