Coffee?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The coffee all around Oz is great. I am seriously missing my long black here at home.

The coffee on the yacht will most likely be instant out of a machine. Everything else is a bit tough with a rolling vessel and 20 - 30 divers. It wasn't too bad onboard SOF. We just switched to tea and pretty much gave up coffee for that week.

We bring a few things each year when we go down under and always go through the declare line. It's fast, they are friendly and it is very painless.

Be sure to have some Barramundi and a few coopers pale ale's while your there

Cheers

Steve

I found the coffee in Australia good, but was mystified by the terminology--short black, long black, flat white--I never did figure out what a flat white was (since I drink it black anyway). Never set foot in a Starbucks. There were plenty of local cafes around (many of which had fabulous baked goods and yummy breakfasts).

i dont drink coffee but i think the flat bit means it doesnt have the frothfy white milk stuff on the top, like a cappacino

so a skinny flat white is a skim milk coffee with no froth ontop.... i think :D

So it turns out I stop in Sidney one way and Brisbane the other. I'll have to look but I think I have five or six hours layover in Sidney.
Im gonna play it safe and bring my coffee stuff anyway.

better check those flights....... you wanna be in Sydney not Sidney :D

and what day is that?

edit: and please declare.. you'll get thru the line faster anyway :wink:

I was using the canidian spelling system... Dec 19th I have from 1045 to 1545 in Sidney.
BTW whats the weather and water like now?
In Barrow Alaska the sun set today and will not rise again untill January 23rd!

bugger - thats a work day so i cant get out there to meet you.... and the next day will actually will be at the airport as we leave for vanuatu on the 20th :multi:

weather here is beaut!!

sunny, clear skys and currently 90F so summer is def on its way :yeahbaby:

water a bit crappy right now... viz down to 20/30frt and only 66F

sun up about 6am and sun set about 7.30pm at the moment :multi: going for a twilight dive tonight and then hubby doing a night dive with AOW students then we gonna cook up a barbie

Drat I almost forgot. If you happen to be in Cairns over a weekend, go to Rusty's market. Once you get inside go to the North wall and you will find Billy and his family. You can't miss Billy, everyone knows him and he makes the best coffee in Cairns.

If you make it there tell him Steve and Andrea said hello. Get an Anzac Biscuit with that coffee as well!

Cheers

-s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom