Cold Water Diving Equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My setup (Bare NexGen) cost me about $1200 CAD, that included the suit, undergarment and the rock boots (a must havefor rocky shore entrys)
A neoprene suit (Bare or Oceaner) will cost a bit less (maybe 800-1000). Moby's makes a good suit also, it is front(self) entry and costs about $2000 with undergarment. Check out Bare's trylaminate and crushed neoprene suits, I'm not to sure on prices. The should be on their website.
To get yourself into a suit that will last you a long time (providing you take good care of it) I would say you could do it for $1000 American.
Another thing you may want to think about is a good cold water reg with enviro sealed first stage. I run Aqualung Titan 1st stage, LX second stage and octo is also LX. Good reg, breathes well at any depth and tank pressure, also relitivly easy to fix on site.
As for the vulcanized rubber, I would not bother unless you are planning to do comm. work up here.
Hope that helps.

simbrooks once bubbled...
As for regs, who makes the ATX50/DS4? Any other suggestions on a similar line by either the same or other manufacturers?

Sim - Apeks makes the ATX50/DS4 reg - very popular, high performance reg, at a decent price (also, my setup as well). Any of the Apeks regs are quality regs and perform in coldwater without problems. What you are mainly looking for is something thats "environmentally sealed" - many manufactures have different names for the "sealing" but it prevents freeze up in the first stage, that lead to freeflows.

Apeks, Zeagle, Scubapro and others make regs for diving cold water. One that doesn't get a lot of publicicty is the Sherwood line of regs. I don't own one, but have used them in <40 deg water with no issues. Just about every LDS sells Sherwood regs here in the north, so they may be an option for you as well....

Hope this helps

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom