Coldwater Diving:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jen,
I wuz diving wet:cold:. But, since I been such a good boy this year, the better half said I could have a dry suit for my birthday. Only one problem, checked with all the manufactures and I can't get one in leopard print.

Bet the King :royal: can't answer that one. Let's see just how good his search engine is!
If he comes back with one, I'm up that well known tributary without any modes of locomotion.

Is Brother Mario sick, haven't seen him here tonight. He missed his kelp & pond scum shot today, y'all watch out!

"I feel a bad moon a risin"

Don

Today was crazy!
cwmjitter.gif
I spent a couple of hours at a business meeting, then a dinner meeting and then I spent 2 and a half hours on the phone talking to a friend of mine about... yep you guessed it more business!

Mario :D

I use to dive whole year here in the Netherlands. During winter water temperature drops to 5 degrees celcius/40 degrees fahrenheit.

I wear a wetsuit (7-8 mm overall). Underneath I wear a neoprene shirt of a few mm at winter.

I can dive up to 30-45 minutes at these temperatures, before getting cold. Biggest problem are my hands and feet.

After last dive (it was freezing) I caught a cold and was ill for a few weeks. I do not know if there is a correlation between the dive and me catching a cold.

Jorgen

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Jen,
I wuz diving wet:cold:. But, since I been such a good boy this year, the better half said I could have a dry suit for my birthday. Only one problem, checked with all the manufactures and I can't get one in leopard print.

Don

Don talk to polarbear about measure sewing a suit for you.
I think you can order ANY colours there if you want.
if you want Leopard, thy shall have leopard !:wink:

Dive Safe

on the subject of how low we can go ?

water temperature -1 degree Celcius in sweden right now at surface and to amaze us all even at 20 meters both yesterday and today normally it gets warmer downt to +4 degrees at deapth. Several computers indicate the same temperature.

Was out diving both today and yesterday, today I got a freflow at 18 meters due to cold water conditions and also a erronious secondstage wich will go for service tomorow.

what to think about when diving in cold water.
Here are some advices.

If you dont have anti freeze treated your regulators, Do that !
Do not breathe in your regulator on land, not even a single breath. and dont breathe in the surface either. the first stage is over the surface and will thereby be in danger of freezing.
Do not freeflow your equipment due to the fact it will freeze.
To initially fill the vest at surface use oral inflation.
If you start diving under water fx through a hole in the ice and have to use a line wich you will have to use to be safe. dont use one that will break if it freezes. it will freeze sooner or later.

Dive safe

For the last month or so we've been diving in about 31F. No problems for me so far. Some people have froze their reg but that is because they breathed off it before under water. I've used the DiveRite RG1200, ScubaPro R380 and the Poseidon Jestream/ODIN and haven't had any problems.

Coldest?, 42F... today! First cold water dive. I like it.

'if the drysuit's cold put on more underware!'

35 deg - January. 20+ in the 40's. Diving wet right now , just because I can't afford to dive dry yet-but soon! No equipment problems, just shrinkage!! :cool:

It was 34F-35F yesterday morning in the water. Had to get through 12" of ice first.

JoelW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom