College Connections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brutus_scuba

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this is a long shot, but I figured it's worth a shot. I am the VP of the Ohio State Buckeye Scuba Club. I am trying to get in touch with the other BIG10 School's Scuba Clubs. I have tried googling these groups and have only come up with a few. I have been in contact with Purdue, tried MSU but got no response and Nittany Scuba I'm not too worried about we did a trip with them over the xmas break and know how to get a hold of them. What I need are any other remaining big 10 Schools...

Michigan
Indiana
Iowa
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Northwestern
and Illinois

I appreciate anyone who can help

I was certified while attending the University of Michigan. However it was through a club a few minutes away. I wasn't sure if there was / is a SCUBA club so I checked the university's website. A SCUBA club isn't listed as a official club in recreation section.

www.recsports.umich.edu/clubs/

I then searched for SCUBA on the entire university website. There was one hit for a user group. The link is:

www.directory.umich.edu/ldapweb-bin/url?ldap:///cn=scuba,ou=User Groups,ou=Groups,dc=umich,dc=edu

Paula

Contact "hoosier" about the IU club. He is affiliated with the university and was talking to me recently about how big their scuba program is. Just send him a PM in case he doesn't see this post.

I'm at U of Michigan. I'm not aware of a scuba club, but there is a student activity that uses scuba, the human powerd sub team,

http://www.engin.umich.edu/hps/

There are local clubs that are assosiated with the local dive shops, for those who want to get involved in local rivalries.

Are you looking for just Big-10 schools?

FyrFytr:
Are you looking for just Big-10 schools?
What do you have in mind. While I am trying to make it a Big10 event. I did contact BGSU to see if they had a SCUBA club b/c they are so close, any school interested in attending is more then welcome. If you know people who might be interested let's talk. many Big10 schools don't have scuba clubs. so in order to get a good turnout I'd be willing to get good local clubs to come in.

Sorry, don't know anyone there anymore. I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone on campus. Did you try calling?

brutus_scuba:
What do you have in mind. While I am trying to make it a Big10 event. I did contact BGSU to see if they had a SCUBA club b/c they are so close, any school interested in attending is more then welcome. If you know people who might be interested let's talk. many Big10 schools don't have scuba clubs. so in order to get a good turnout I'd be willing to get good local clubs to come in.

Well Ber Rabbit taught my class at Wright State University. I don't know that there is a club, but there are a lot of divers on campus who have been trained on campus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom