Coming down to dive Alexander, Devils Den and Ginnie March 21-23, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's Spring Break planning time again and I have a few divers who are planning to join me in Florida. I will probably have 2 or 3 students there for check-outs and the rest are already certified. The plan is Alexander on Wed March 21, Devils Den on Thurs March 22 and Ginnie on Fri March 23 if anyone wants to come out and dive with us. I would love to meet some more conchs!
Ber :lilbunny:

Why is it that everyone plans Alexander dives in the middle of the week? I live about half an hour away, and love to dive there.

scubafool:
Why is it that everyone plans Alexander dives in the middle of the week? I live about half an hour away, and love to dive there.

Crap, I didn't realize Alexander was a Wednesday. What time are you guys diving?

We meet as early as possible, usually planning for 8am but it's a 2 hour drive from where we're staying and I'm dealing with college students...try getting them up at 5:30am LOL! I don't like dealing with crowds so we dive mid week. I have a 12 hour drive home once the trip is over, I usually leave for home on Saturday afternoon, drive 6 hours then finish the drive on Sunday morning. Devil's Den meeting time is when they open (I'll have to look that up) and we do 2 or 3 dives there. The Ginnie day is our big day since the students are certified. We meet when they open and do two dives then go home for lunch and come back in time to do a night dive.

PS: I updated the original post with days of the week.

Shucks, gonna miss ya again. I think the mega dive with conchs is that (or the next) weekend. bummer :(

Gee Ber, how will the good divers of Nothern Florida ever manage to recognize you??? :wink: :rofl3:

(FYI - She generally stands out in the crowd.) :D

Come to think of it, if you're going to drive down to Alexander from the other springs, you should go the extra half an hour to Blue Spring and do that the same day. It's a good dive as OW, but if you're cavern+ I hear it's even better.

Crazy Fingers:
Come to think of it, if you're going to drive down to Alexander from the other springs, you should go the extra half an hour to Blue Spring and do that the same day. It's a good dive as OW, but if you're cavern+ I hear it's even better.

That is day #1 of open water check outs for my students. They are all poor college students so I have to keep the costs down as much as possible, Alexander's $5 entry fee works well for that :D Alexander has so much to see after we get the skills out of the way and I like the fact that it's nice and shallow for the first day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom