Coming to Monterrey, Need cheap lodging!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Billeting on base is an option but cannot make reservations until 7 days before arrival. Lone Oak wants 80 for thurs, 104 for Fri, 144 for Sat, and 80 for sunday! I'm gonna look up the motel six and any chance of getting the names of some of the cheaper places on Munras?
Thanks again, Jim

I second Bens idea, I am staying at the travel lodge that weekend Fri. and sat. its only costing me about 75$ a night which I think is a steal considering location and time of year. I am there for my OW dving cert dives. So maybe I will see you around! And grats to your son

Everytime I stay in Monterey, I stay at the Travelodge on Freemont. Clean room, nice people, and diver friendly.

Ben_ca:
J
Option 2 Try the Travel lodge on Freemont... ask for the diver rate... I think it's about 79 on weekends... (normally much higher)...[/URL]

Found a good rate at the Motel 6 in Salinas. 240 bucks for 4 nights. 20-30 minute drive but to save 150 plus is worth it to me. Rental car is 125. Ticket to San Francisco- round trip- 70 bucks thanks to miles. Non-stop. Will be arriving 26th, diving on saturday. Getting tank(s) from Glen's. Gonna try to get in base billeting but since I can only reserve 7 days in advance this is a good fallback. The travel lodge was 69 for thurs and sunday(divers rate) 139 for fri and sat (divers rate blacked out for that weekend)! Hope to meet some of you all there at the breakwater.

Did you check the motel 6 in Marina? It's a shorter drive and you'll deal with less traffic. I imagine it might be a bit cheaper. You might also want to check the address of the Motel 6 in Salinas. For the most part, Salinas is a nice city, but it does have its bad parts. I'm not sure where the 6 is.

JimLap:
Found a good rate at the Motel 6 in Salinas. 240 bucks for 4 nights. 20-30 minute drive but to save 150 plus is worth it to me. Rental car is 125. Ticket to San Francisco- round trip- 70 bucks thanks to miles. Non-stop. Will be arriving 26th, diving on saturday. Getting tank(s) from Glen's. Gonna try to get in base billeting but since I can only reserve 7 days in advance this is a good fallback. The travel lodge was 69 for thurs and sunday(divers rate) 139 for fri and sat (divers rate blacked out for that weekend)! Hope to meet some of you all there at the breakwater.

I have a friend who has a cottage in PG. He rents it out through Craiglist. You might want to try it for Monterey as an alternative.

That 20 to 30 minute drive from Salinas to Monterey can turn into a much longer drive on the weekend.

Prices in Monterey generally go up on the weekend during the summer. Just be glad it isn't during a major event.

What is PG? I also tried the marina 6 and it's 80 more. I'm not on a time table other than getting to the presidio and the breakwater when I need to. If it's a 45 min drive that's ok with me. I'm traveling alone and can do what I want.

Pacific Grove is right on teh backside of the Presidio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom