Coming to Seatle 1st week of March any comments about seattledivetours.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgvmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in Seattle for a conference in the 1st week of March 2015, and I've never dove the NW before (I dive NJ, FL and Caribbean mostly). I thought it would be good to use a local guide to show me the area. I found seattledivetours.com online and was looking for recommendations/ issue with them.

TIA
Phil

OP -- just a couple of comments:

a. You can often find locals who are happy to take out-of-staters for their first dives -- you can often get them through nwdiveclub.com

b. I'd never heard of Seattle Dive Tours before your post -- a great idea -- although I have no knowledge of the people involved.

c. There are many local shore dive spots within 30-40 minutes of downtown Seattle -- lots of good, but cold, diving (first week of March should be in the 47-48 degree range).

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more information.

Do yourself a favor and register at nwdiveclub.com

I found nothing but helpful and generous local divers in the Northwest.

And the diving there is great. If you are used to diving in NJ, even their mud holes are a great site to us northeast divers.

Richard and Brian are awesome guys. Very active in the area, very professional, I read nothing but glowing reviews. I haven’t met the other two guys listed. I’d highly recommend seattledivetours.

It's pretty rare for someone to have to hire a dive buddy around here . . . there are a lot of people who really enjoy showing off our local diving. About the only time someone would need to hire a guide is if their only window of opportunity is midday, midweek, and even then, it's sometimes possible to find buddies. NWDiveClub.com is the place to ask.

Richard of Seattle Dive Tours is a nice guy and has built a good reputation. You might want to check if they can give you a drysuit option, I believe they offer mostly wetsuit diving. Since you might need to rent gear anyway, several local shops organize local dives once or twice a week, and you could consider the option to join one of these.

I don't think there's any need to go so far as to hire a dive guide in the PNW. After four years there I can guarantee you that almost any Seattle or area diver would be happy to buddy up and show you the sights.

About the only piece of gear you're likely to need to rent here is a wetsuit, if you insist on diving in one.

Diver0001 came out to dive with us a few years back. He brought all the dive gear we couldn't provide for him: his mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom