Completed OW today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on finishing up! Of all of the classes that I have taken (with the exception of rescue), Peak Performance Buoyancy was my favorite. It really helped to dial in my buoyancy. I took the class after 20 or so dives, I thought that I was weighted properly with 8 pounds (based on the buoyancy check during my OW class) before the PPB course. After the PPB class, I now use 4 pounds in fresh water. WHO FREAKIN' KNEW!?!?

On another note, I would definitely encourage you to continue you diving education and dive AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Also, with diving Nitrox, make sure you continually watch your depth. I realize that it goes without saying, but my first non-quarry dive was also my first Nitrox dive and was at Buddy Reef in Bonaire (last month). I blew right through my MOD following a turtle. Thankfully, my dive compute caught my attention and I slowly ascended above the MOD. Having only been in a quarry, 111 feet seems EXTREMLY DEEP. In clear blue water, you can hit that in no time. It was extremely foolish for me to do that and thankfully, I caught my mistake early enough to not have any consequences (other than feeling like a fool). I learned a valuable lesson without any major consequences. Keep that in mind and have a wonderful time in December! I am jealous!

What an amazing sport! You should be proud of your accomplishment!

Excellent job. Nitrox Class should be nothing, it's just like air, only better. Congratulations on finishing up.

Back
Top Bottom