Computer software for dive comp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldfish05

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i am thinking of buying a tusa iq-700 dc hunter air nitrox computer but i just want to know that is the softwear compitable with a mac laptop? or is the softwear for any computer going to work for a mac?

computer softwear for dive comp?
You mean, something like a binary négligée?

Definitely make sure whatever you buy, has SOME kind of software available for the Mac, if you want to get the most of your computer.

FWIW, I use a Suunto Cobra and Vytec. Both work well with Mac Dive Log.

Currently, it is only possible to download dives from these divecomputers with the software supplied by tye supplier (PCLogbook), which is only available under Windows.

However, I'm currently working on a stand-alone downloader for Windows, Linux and MacOSX for these divecomputers (and many other Seiko-based divecomputers, like the Archimede I/II, Nitek Duo, Quantum etc), including a driver for these platforms. It is able to export downloaded dives into various formats, including the PCLogbook original .CSV format and UDCF (XML). The Windows version is already working. The software will be available for free.

This project is however still in it's beta-stage and unpublished and I don't expect it to become available in the next few months.

Unfortunatly, I have to keep it closed source at the moment. But I might make it open source in the future or even try to get it merged in other similar projects. However, the software will be available for free.

For the moment, it is a command-line tool that can easily be integrated into other applications and supports various export formats. Since quite a few applications already include a function to import files from PCLogBook (.CSV), implementation of a direct download function will be fairly easy.

Currently it only works under Windows, but it should be easy to port to other platforms since it is written in GCC and uses LibUSB (which is open source) for the driver part (which is available for various platforms).

From what I understand there is a MAC program that allows you to run windows programs. That would allow you to use a PC logbook software on our MAC.

For the software itself, this should be indeed no problem. However, try to get the USB interface up-and-running this way... Good luck!

Via parallels or boot camp, and I'm sure VMWare etc, you can use the suunto software (or whatever) perfectly fine with the USB drivers provided. I've used it a lot for testing. So, as long as you don't mind booting windows you can use whatever manufacturer software you like. The USB drivers work fine.

I also provide MacDive for OS X which supports most suunto models at the moment. It's free. There's a big thread about it in this forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom