Conch Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conch Divers is just the forum name on SB for the people that live and dive in Florida. Taken from the fact that people born in the Keys are called Conchs. Doesn't mean that we dive for conch, or that we live in the Keys. Just a catchy name.

That and the Deep Dixie Divers forum doesn't include Floridians..... :(

Rocky Mountain Oysters are the southbound parts that hang down on a northbound bull who is about to be "steered" in a new direction.

That and the Deep Dixie Divers forum doesn't include Floridians..... :(
Guess that's 'cause Key West stayed in Union hands during the War of Northern Aggression.

Guess that's 'cause Key West stayed in Union hands during the War of Northern Aggression.

Didn't Key West also succeed from the US at one point and then immediately surrender? Or is my history completely screwed up? My brain is full, so every time I learn something new I forget something else. Think this is one of those things that the details have been forgotten.

Didn't Key West also succeed from the US at one point and then immediately surrender? Or is my history completely screwed up? My brain is full, so every time I learn something new I forget something else. Think this is one of those things that the details have been forgotten.
That was fairly recently, they declared themselves the "Conch Republic." My son (who is a conch, born at "Babies by the Sea" in Key West) still flies the Conch Republic flag at our house in Hawaii (you can't take the boy out of the islands, but you can change the island).
united-states-flag_1994_10023746

Yes, in this region, folks eat them. I personally have never tried them, but some folks find them quite tasty! :D

But I thought it was a heck of a good name for a Regional diving forum, and others agreed! :11:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom