Conch Republic and/or Silent World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used both with no complaints. The boats are probably 15 miles apart so SW will go further north than CR and vice versa. Look at the websites or call and see if their schedules fit your dive desires. As a new diver, you probably do not want to be on a boat that does a single/double dip on the Duane, Bibb, Speigel, or Eagle. Both shops will take you to some good sites though and provide good service.

Have a good trip.

Another advantage of Conch ... if you're diving more than one day they have rinse tanks right at the dock and drying racks you can hang your stuff on. The racks have wheels and they roll them into the shop at the end of the day so you don't have to put wet gear in your car and/or motel room.

Just dove with Silent World yesterday. Excellent op. Took us out a little farther to find good vis, and they did at the Elbows. Minor chop on top, but not a prob. Some nice critters. Thought I got some nice shots of them, but my el cheapo Snapsights camera finally flooded.

I'm surprised no one suggested you dive Conch one day and Silent the next. Hey, you want to compare them, what better way than to do both. I've been on Conch several times but can't speak for Silent World. Do dive both and report back on your experience.

Conch Republic gets my vote! Great shop and people & good boats. It is sooo handy to leave your equipment on the roll out racks and not drag it back to the hotel. The crews work hard to make sure you enjoy your dives. Book dives online and save $

Heading back myself 20 - 25 Jan.

Mark

I like both: Conch does have a number of really shallow dive sites really close to their shop which would be nice for a brand new diver. But again, both are great shops.

Hello all! It has been some time since I was here last (last March/April to be more precise).

Due to some unforeseen circumstances my wife and I never did make it to the Keys to go diving as we had planned. We have since completed our OW certification but have not been diving since. We would like to go to Key Largo in April and do our first ever ocean diving.

From all I have read both Conch Republic and Silent World are well regarded here, thus making my dilemma that much more difficult.

I am looking for advice as to why I would choose one over the other for total NEWBIE diving? (Cost per se' is not an issue as it seems they are both reasonable and close to each other in price. I do know that we will be doing ZERO wreck diving giving our limited experience, so if one does that more than the other that would help in the decision process).

Finally...one item I read was the distance between the shop and the dock at SW. Is that REALLY an issue or just one little nit that people use to differentiate one shop from another?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi Aqua Explorer!

You wont go wrong with either of us.

How long has it been since your OW course? You may want to consider a guide.

We DO have gear storage facilities at our dock and I also have a boat down in Tavernier right accross the street from Conch republic Divers if you want to do the Southern sites, although I much prefer Key Largo reefs, especially for newbies.

let me know if I can help with your trip. We get good discounts at many of the hotels for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom