Conditions at Lost Bridge on Beaver lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Friends were camping this weekend at Lost Bridges on the big Beaver and I just so happened to bring my gear..as it turns out the water is very low but very clear.
The thurmo is right at 30 ft. Viz between 0 & 30 bounced around 6-10 ft after 30 Viz opened way up and might even hit 20ft! Temps are in the 70's and still good at 55 below the cline.

Spearfishing is coming up soon so I was looking to see what the cat's might be upto but saw nothing. The Bass on the other hand are big and hanging around 16ft. If anyone knows were the hot spots might be for big cat please drop me a line.

Since things looked so good My buddy Mark went home and picked up his gear and joined me for a late afternoon dive and like before super dive! This is not a great site for diving and our wife's had to warn off a jetsky that ran right up on our flag so be cautious!
For right now diving is good on beaver so I have friends coming in this next weekend and plan on taking full advantage of conditions!

Happy Diving!!!

Good to know, I hit up Table Rock last weekend & after you got below 25 ft the vis opened up very nice, about 20-25 ft of vis. You could only see a ft or two from the surface down to the therocline at 25 ft.

Just as an update to this thread... i was at the bluffs and dam site rec area this past weekend 6/9 and 6/10) and the Viz was about 20-25 FT... water temp on the surface was a cool 73 Degrees and the cline was at about 26 Ft. the lake was BEAUTIFUL for diving and I had a great bunch of dives and my youngest finished his JR. OW cert.

Bill I was hoping i'd run into you... but sadly no Avon :(... we'll have to coordinate a dive or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 soon!:D

Ya Steve we need to hit the water before long. I went diving on beaver for memorial day weekend and had a lot of fun the viz was so good. The big barge off of the ramp was by far the best dive of the year so far and on down to a hundred was sweet...little cold but still had 25 ft or better of viz. Also hit up the day use area by the dam a very good place to dive. I'm stoked for this weekend its opening for spearfishing!!! Be looking for a fish.report on norfork.

Hey Bill,
I was back at the dam area this weekend... you are right it is a great place to dive although you do have to go way out to get to deep water. I'm seriously wanting to take up spearfishing so I'd love your input on guns, techniques etc. I'm going to the Keys next week for 2 weeks but when I get back I'll PM you and maybe we can get together!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom