Conestoga Dive Pics from today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess the manufacturer didn't count on 32deg water :)
Brought the film in yesterday to develope and must of had a small leak as the entire roll was pooched. No Connie pics and none of the Montreal dive :zap1:
I need a real U/W camera.......
For anyone interested, Airmiser and I will be doing the Connie again next weekend.

Cheers

I think we should give kudos to drownedrat and airmiser for diving the Conny in 7mil farmer johns and not using hot water in their suits. I was a bit chilled in my drysuit after 45 minutes. I can just imagine how these guys felt after 20 mins.

artw:
I think we should give kudos to drownedrat and airmiser for diving the Conny in 7mil farmer johns and not using hot water in their suits. I was a bit chilled in my drysuit after 45 minutes. I can just imagine how these guys felt after 20 mins.

:) I'm pretty thremally challenged, but I find the wetsuit does provide ample protection. My only issue is the hands... Just can't seem to keep them warm after about 15min. 20 min in and they start to go numb and I have to call the dive. My face just goes numb and it's a non-issue, however the hands are more of a safty thang. Any other cold water wet divers out there have any tips (aside from "buy a drysuit!")? I already tried sealing them with duct tape, but aside from making me look like I was wearing wonder woman action arm bands, it didn't help a whole lot.

Cheers

Hey Tom,

How do you seal it to your wrist without the arm of the wetsuit getting in the way? Do you sinch it down near the wrist bone (my wetsuit arms stop about 1/2 an inch from my wrist but the glove strap is a little higher up my forearm therefore my suit arm feeds water to the gloves). Is a dry gloves seal closer to the hand?

Thanks

Tom R:
I have a dry glove that is three fingers and seals well, for the most part your hand is dry and if it does get wet it kind of stays warm.

drownedrat if you were to show up at the conny 30 minutes earlier you would have seen some fellows there diving wet with those drygloves that DS1 just showed you... if you are interested in a pair you can get some at the dive shop on Richmond road.
the dood had heat packs which is a good idea. the only thing I can see being a problem with those drygloves and a wetsuit is when you go deep you might have squeese issues. those of us with dryglove and si-tech cuff system use a airline, polypro gloves or twine to let the air in the suit reach the gloves.

artw:
heat packs

I have Heat packs in my gloves for the winter i never leave home without it :) gives you the extra 15-20min of heat

My buddy dives those gloves with a drysuit and has no problem with sqeeze as from what he tells me.. even with an equalized glove (ring system) at depth when you bring your hands down below the body the air isnt there anymore it squeezes out into the suit i often dive with no tubes to equalize my gloves and with those latex gloves once you seal it you have air in them

Back
Top Bottom