Confessions of an unlikely diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Making a note of that. Next time I go in I will check to see if they are available here and if he thinks they would work for me. Would sure love to have something that works better than what I have been using. :)

Just goes to show - never be afraid to ask a question. So glad you got to the bottom of your problem but it is a shame you didn't know that a lot earlier.
Sometimes we just don't know what questions to ask :giggle: I thought everyone's eyes burned and I was a wuss:facepalm:

Sometimes we just don't know what questions to ask :giggle: I thought everyone's eyes burned and I was a wuss:facepalm:

That is true - I know mine burn in pools and the sea but never worried about it. Hate opening them during mask drills but I guess I should probably try to get past that.

That is true - I know mine burn in pools and the sea but never worried about it. Hate opening them during mask drills but I guess I should probably try to get past that.

I distinctly remember swimming with my eyes open down under (left side) without any discomfort some 15-20 years ago. Earlier this month on Roatan I had a leak in my new ultra-low-profile mask and it burned worse than chlorine. I wonder if it's water's salinity or my age or (most likely) both. Though I do swim laps and can ignore occasional chlorinated pool water just as well now as I did back when I was on the school swim team...

(One thing the glossy marketing brochures forget to mention about low profile masks: if they leak, the water's in your eyes pretty much right away.)

I distinctly remember swimming with my eyes open down under (left side) without any discomfort some 15-20 years ago. Earlier this month on Roatan I had a leak in my new ultra-low-profile mask and it burned worse than chlorine. I wonder if it's water's salinity or my age or (most likely) both. Though I do swim laps and can ignore occasional chlorinated pool water just as well now as I did back when I was on the school swim team...

(One thing the glossy marketing brochures forget to mention about low profile masks: if they leak, the water's in your eyes pretty much right away.)

After age 40, there are a lot of things that were "easier 20 years ago." I took up snowboarding last year, and this year went down a run that my 20 year old skiing self could have done just fine. That resulted in some new stainless steel hardware in my leg and the bonus lesson that crutches were also easier 20 years ago.

After age 40, there are a lot of things that were "easier 20 years ago." I took up snowboarding last year, and this year went down a run that my 20 year old skiing self could have done just fine. That resulted in some new stainless steel hardware in my leg and the bonus lesson that crutches were also easier 20 years ago.
Trust me it doesn't get better in the next 20 years either. :) I am just grateful I am still here and still able to dive. WellI the doc says I can dive again next week.. so if Mother Ocean co-operates. I can't wait to get my face in the water .. Ironic hmm?

Mask removal has been the only thing to bother me so far. Not because of water in the face just the up the nose bit. I still pinch my nose if I take my mask off. No problem flooding it to clear it though. Probably plenty of others have the same issue. Thinking of doing cave now at some point and that might be interesting as I suffer from claustrophobia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom