Congratulate Me Please For Wrecking My Bike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had a driver (yes, it was a woman) nearly drive me off the road with her big Toyota 4x4 (i am not sure what kind it was ... it was a huge Toyota SUV)

anyway... she looks right at me .... on my motorcycle .... looks me in the eye ... and turns left right in front of me

i had to swerve to the right, got on the sidewalk ... managed to stay upright, got off the sidewalk ... lady is driving off, never even saw me

fragging cagers :shakehead

H2Andy:
i had a driver (yes, it was a woman) nearly drive me off the road with her big Toyota 4x4 (i am not sure what kind it was ... it was a huge Toyota SUV)

anyway... she looks right at me .... on my motorcycle .... looks me in the eye ... and turns left right in front of me

i had to swerve to the right, got on the sidewalk ... managed to stay upright, got off the sidewalk ... lady is driving off, never even saw me

fragging cagers :shakehead
Where you wearing a shirt that read "Yup, I'm a lawyer!"?

Great to hear that you're both alright, or at least not dead.

do it easy:
Where you wearing a shirt that read "Yup, I'm a lawyer!"?

well, then it would make sense!

:wink:

H2Andy:

THis was the reason I sold by CBX 900 in LA, about the 4th time I Flopped by bike( I kept it up) decided a big Caddy is what I needed...............I do have my eye on a new Heritage Softtail Classic though..........:D

well, I am really paranoid about cars having been in a couple accidents and launched through the sky. So...I have never cycled with cars before. But..it is addicting because it is like an obstacle course and your brain stays very engaged. Pretty soon, it's like a video game...and you're winning, cause you are still in the saddle!

And then you realize you just got a good workout, and did not feel the pain because you were trying to play the game....very addictive.

After I wrecked, all these people...are you okay? etc...So I hurry and ride off but then have to stop around the corner to breathe and check out my wounds, and call half the state of California, from my cell phone. I considered ordering a cab...a van cab. I was psyched OUT! Busy street, and I would have walked all the way home, but not possible in those..ice skates.

Really, the shoes have to go to e-bay. JB's shoes are much less slick and no big peg sticking out that makes walking or standing on your foot not possible.

Shimano = sucks Pearl Izumi= good

Very funny, now I know where cyclists get those attitudes cause I am starting to yell at people "hey! pay attention!" "hey! heads up!"...you get kinda rude...
CARS are your new enemy.
And, if people are doing the water buffalo group shuffle through the parking lot..you try and come close to hitting them, just for their own good and to show them they should be more alert. I am not usually like this.

"Shimano = sucks Pearl Izumi= good" Converse all stars, good for everything!

OK Catherine you worry me!! Am I dreaming or didn't I read a thread the other day about you being worried about wrecking?
Be friggin' careful girl!!! I know your talking about a bicycle but, a lot of those crosses on hwy 30 on Maui are from scooter accidents, so I've been told. Please watch your back on Oahu!

You can always pad up like us stunt people do right before we have to take a fall or car hit. Just kidding but in a sense, I'm serious.

Always protect your head!

Glad your OK!

Glad you're okay, Catherine.

I took a police mountain bike training course, over seven years ago, and still have gravel in one knee as well as a nice scar on the calf of the same leg. Unfortunately, the pavement's a lot harder than body parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom