Congratulate Me Please For Wrecking My Bike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note to self:

Remove "riding bike in downtown traffic" off my list of things to do when I visit Oahu.

Hey! What's this? No pictures? :D

Glad to hear you didn't get seriously hurt.

Catherine,

I am very happy that you are ok.

I've been there, a long time ago, but I've been there. I put a big dent in the passenger side door of a woman's car when she pulled out in front of me. When she got out and started yelling at me for hitting her car, I put another big dent in her back door with my foot. She shut up. My shoulder was black and blue for a long time. I was in college, so yes, it was a while ago.

Sorry to hear you had a spill. Having said that...welcome to the club!

Two considerations:

1--Don't put your feet down. Learn to trackstand (balance w/o moving). It will take work, but will pay off in the long run.

2--In the short(er) term, you can try a couple things: Put 3M tread tape (like skateboard tape) on the soles where they're slick. The tape will wear pretty fast, though. You can can also use some Barge's cement to glue rubber used to resole rock climbing shoes for a longer term fix. Alternatively, you might try exchanging your road shoes for mountain bike shoes. If you're running Shimano pedals and SPD cleats, they should be compatible. A Mtn bike shoe will have more "tread" and thus be a little heavier, but will bite when you put your foot down.

For the record, my road shoes are Diadora's and my pedals are Look. With the teflon impregnated cleat, they're like standing on soapy glass. Good times.

catherine96821:
at least it wasn't stalker lady with her mini van.

She drives a mini van? That car just kind of projects a mommy/family vibe. Somehow that doesn't gel with the image I had created. Crazy takes many forms, I guess.

Glad to hear you escaped relatively unscathed. It's dangerous out there.

H2Andy:
if you say "today's the day" every single day, you're bound to get it right sooner or later

:14:

i assume you were riding a muscle-powered bike, not a motorcycle?

glad you're ok either way

that's like calling "last run" at the end of a day of skiing/snowboarding. I broke my wrist ragdolling off a small cliff after saying that.

chepar:
She drives a mini van? That car just kind of projects a mommy/family vibe. Somehow that doesn't gel with the image I had created. Crazy takes many forms, I guess.

Glad to hear you escaped relatively unscathed. It's dangerous out there.
Andrea Yates drive a minivan....

Wow, sorry this happened but I'm really glad you are OK.

So you crashed avoiding the car or did she actually hit you? Was she clueless to the result of her actions?

Down at the park, when backing out of the parking space, sometimes you don't see a rider in the bike lane if they are positioned in your blind spot. I've had a close call once and am extra careful now.

How do you treat the water on the knee? Does it go away by itself?

Wildcard:
Andrea Yates drive a minivan....
otherwise known as "The Mother Ship"

Yikes Catherine!! Glad you're okay! Hopefully you'll heal up good as new!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom