Conservation and Unity Within

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Conservation organisations and the issue of unity between them all?
This is a subject I am very interested in and would like to have some opinions to get a general picture from within this diving community.
Thanks folks, I look forward to your replies.

It certainly is an issue I am struggling with at the moment since I have been asked to get involved with a new organization focusing on shark and whale conservation.

There are so many organizations out there with common purposes (but often differing approaches). To really be effective it seems to be that groups should either consolidate as much as possible to provide voices with larger membership (and therefore potentially more "political power") or agree to work in association with other similar groups to effect those benefits without losing their individual identities. A network of groups aligned against shark finning should be far more effective than a loose group of competing organizations.

Back
Top Bottom