Considering BP/wings setup...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you request doubles or whould you have to live in Salt Lake city for that?

This is the backup Salt Lake config...

All kidding aside
I'm 5'9" & about 180#
I use Jetsreams & lets say for now on a single OMS 108
What would the DiveRITE, Hylcyon or ect. recc. be?

For dbl 108's?

I would go with an Explorer 55# wing for double 108s...not sure what you would need in a DiveRite, but probably something comparable. I would vary the plate depending on how much weight you need. I assume you dive dry?

O-ring once bubbled...

I would go with an Explorer 55# wing for double 108s...not sure what you would need in a DiveRite, but probably something comparable. I would vary the plate depending on how much weight you need. I assume you dive dry?

No. As soon as it comes in I'll be diving the Henderson G/C 5mil combo. Comes w/a full 5mil & a 3mil farmer shorty. I live in Fl. The lowest temp I've seen is about 64 degrees.

O-ring once bubbled...

This is the backup Salt Lake config...

this must be a staged joke picture. otherwise explain

thethumper once bubbled...
I use Jetsreams & lets say for now on a single OMS 108
What would the DiveRITE, Hylcyon or ect. recc. be?

For dbl 108's?

You're looking for wing size? [as harness/BP won't matter except for personal preference].

One thing you'll have to provide is your exposure protection as well... Your wing needs to be able to offset the weight of the air in your tanks, and the loss of exposure suit bouyancy at depth.

According to the OMS website, the 108s are -1 empty, -8 full... so that's 14 lbs you need to be able to offset with your wings. Now if you are diving a 3mm shorty, you're going to need a lot less lift to compensate for suit compression then if you're diving a two piece 7mm suit...

O-ring once bubbled...
I would go with an Explorer 55# wing for double 108s...not sure what you would need in a DiveRite, but probably something comparable.

I dive a Dive Rite Rec wing [51 lbs]. It's a little big for singles, but I got it so I wouldn't have to get another when I go to doubles. I lookedat the classic [59 lbs] but they just looked too big. I looked at the Trek wings, but they seemed a little small, but I dive cold water.

With the clarifications on your wetsuit [5/3] I would guess that you could probably get away with Trek wings [40 lbs], but I don't know for sure.

thethumper once bubbled...
All kidding aside
For dbl 108's?
The problem with double steel tanks and a wetsuit is that you do not have redundant buoyancy.... should your wing fail you would not be able to swim the 108s up.

To get around this you could go with OMS redundant bladdered wings but this introduces another set of failure modes.... and work arounds to mitigate the problems they cause.

A lift bag is not a suitable alternative buoyancy device for the kind of dives that double tanks imply.... imo.

If you are diving a wetsuit then your tanks should be Double AL80s and your BP should be AL as well.... you need some ditchable weight!

Back
Top Bottom