Considering OTS Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I teach classes in NY. I'll look around for some of my class photos and send them over

I teach classes in NY. I'll look around for some of my class photos and send them over

Awesome - my email is anelson@otscomm.com

When you email, please let me know that I have you permission to post to Facebook, for legality reasons :D

Thanks, looking forward to seeing what you have.

I know this is a old thread but I wanted to chime in here as a new OTS owner I have noticed a marked difference in air consumption. Very Comfortable and seals well but there is a difference. I am trying now to maybe breath through my nose or purse my lips so I'm slowing breathing. Anyone have any pointers?

I know this is a old thread but I wanted to chime in here as a new OTS owner I have noticed a marked difference in air consumption. Very Comfortable and seals well but there is a difference. I am trying now to maybe breath through my nose or purse my lips so I'm slowing breathing. Anyone have any pointers?

Hi Gearbow,

Happy to hear you've moved into the world of Full Face Masks. It is not uncommon for a new user of the mask to consume a bit more air the first few dives. This is largely what we've found to be because of the user getting used to a new piece of gear. The more comfortable you become and more often you use the mask will result in a lower air consumption and get you back to consuming as much air as on a conventional bite mouth piece regulator. The Guardian / Stealth regulators are demand regulators and will only supply as much air as you ask for, the same as a conventional regulator. Additionally, if you are using communications, you will go through air faster the more often you talk. My advice - keep diving, continue to become proficient with your equipment, relax and enjoy the dive. Hope this helps :)

My wife and I attended the "Beneath the Sea" show in Secaucus, NJ this past weekend. We went to investigate dive trips but came across these very cool masks. I love the idea of communications as we have a Little Caymans dive trip planned in July! 17 dives in one week and being able to communicate would be great.

Not having tried full face masks, I am extremely hesitant to cough up $2000 for a pair. No one in our area carries them so jumping into a pool to test them isn't an option either.

So, I am hoping someone can give me some advice as the show special is only available to me until Monday.

Thanks.

My wife and I attended the "Beneath the Sea" show in Secaucus, NJ this past weekend. We went to investigate dive trips but came across these very cool masks. I love the idea of communications as we have a Little Caymans dive trip planned in July! 17 dives in one week and being able to communicate would be great.

Not having tried full face masks, I am extremely hesitant to cough up $2000 for a pair. No one in our area carries them so jumping into a pool to test them isn't an option either.

So, I am hoping someone can give me some advice as the show special is only available to me until Monday.

Thanks.
The Kirby Morgan m48 super mask is around 500 USD for a mask and pod. I only dive my CCR with this mask, I also have a pair with comms for OC. Learning curve is much shallower and a second stage failure doesn't require you to remove the mask so no need to carry a spare.

We had a Full face mask demo last night, wish I saw this earlier could have helped you out.

How is the Spectrum Mask availability coming along?
Hi Akimbo,

Currently we are sold out of the Black Skirt / Clear lens and Black Skirt / Coated lens versions of the Spectrums...They sold out quickly! We are expecting to have more of those available in August.

We currently have Blue Skirt / Clear lens and Blue Skirt / Coated lens available and in stock now!

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me anytime!

Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom