console computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic Pro Plus 2 has some of the biggest onscreen text I've seen. Good AI computer, although I prefer wireless (but I have the eyes to handle it).

Rick Inman:
I went to mono-vision contacts. Best thing I ever did! Now I can see the tiny stuff close up and the far away stuff nice and crisp, without those mask inserts.

See you optometrist.

So you wear contacts when you dive? have you had any problems with them when diving?

Lots of people wear contacts when they dive. I have a prescription mask, but I dove with contacts for a week once when I lost the mask in the surf zone while awaiting a replacement, and I was surprised how no big deal it was. For me, the biggest issue with wearing contacts dry eyes. Turns out the mask is a warm, moist environment (once it's on and your body has time to warm that tiny air pocket, at least). Your breath makes the air moister than surface air, and there is ZERO wind (read: air movement across the eyes) so I was actually more comfortable underwater than I was on land. From what I understand, you need to be careful if you have to remove and replace your mask for any reason, but I'm told, again, that it's really not as big of a deal as it seems.

I dive with my contacts on all dives. I use soft one day disposables, which are recommended for any watersports, since nasties can get in the contact and give you eye infections (plus they're cheap, so if I do lose them, no big deal), They work fine, I have even opened my eyes underwater once or twice and haven't lost them. I like being able to remove my mask and still be able to see.

Jake

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom