Cool destination needed for divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to Barbados on April 16th, so I did quite a bit reaserch on the diving there. There seem to be numerous and very interesting sites, as well as plety of non-diving activities. I'll be glad to send you the links, if you are interested. Also, you may want to do a Search here. I found good information on the SB and several trip reports with sites and operators suggestions. Overall, it appears to be a fun and safe place to visit.

JENANDKEN:
Has anyone been diving at Barbados and can enlighten me on this place? And should I realy worry about the stormy season at Caymen May 23 - June 5? Thanks for your replies!!!!!

JENANDKEN

We went to Cayman Brac last year but didn't stay at the resorts. We stayed at a condo and hired our own boat and DM - it was great! If you stay on the Brac you can go over to Little Cayman for some dives (weather permitting). Very laid back and relaxed. I will say that the dving around the Brac was very good and around Little Cayman even better. When we added up all our costs (food, lodging, boat, DM etc.) it was very close to what the resorts would have cost with much more flexibility. YOu don't say how many of you in your group but we had 4 people. Also, by having our own boat and DM we got very personalized service and much more time underwater. Our AVERAGE dive was 58 minutes with some lasting an hour and twenty minutes. We were all experienced divers with computers so the DM would let us play around near the boat toward the end of the dives and let us suck our tanks way down. Anyways, if you don't go to the Caymans, I've heard Bonaire is very nice (good beach dives etc.). I've been to Aruba and from what I've heard, I'd go to Bonaire before Aruba if I was heading in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom